Used 2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Sable

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Traded up
By Randall

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was originally drawn to the sable because of its exterior looks. I wanted good gas mileage without sacrificing enough power to be able to enter busy freeways or pass on a two lane highway with safety. So far we have taken it on two long trips. The ride was smooth and we made good time plus we didnt spend that much on gas. The gas gauge stays on full for an incredibly long time. My wife loves the little analog clock with the purple glow. She says it relaxes her while driving. The sound system is good. We love the style of the seats and interior. We had negative equity on our trade in, so we decided to trade up for a car that would still be good after we finished paying for it.

Complaint
By john

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only complaint is the style,especially the back.Should be more stylish like a Camry, and accord. Not as smooth riding as my 2003 and 1998 Gran Prei. Especially on bumps. This is an honest review. Other than that I like the car roomy.Great trunk. I still haven't got my 18 mi. to gallon locally?

Sleeker rear end

Great car
By Texas guy

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Best car I've ever owned. Plenty of power, 25 mpg on the highway, very smooth ride. Good handling.

Interior room. It is huge.

A little more ground clearance.

Love my Mercury
By Chuck

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brought my car as a Program Car with 18,000 miles. Have since put on 6,000 miles which includes one long trip to Phoenix and return to SD. We're Snowbirds,and we don't travel lightly as my wife seems to move things from one closet to another. Trunk space is huge and with both back seats folded flat we load it with banana boxes, garment bags and etc.. When we get loaded, we're heavy. Never the less at the end of the trip our information center said we averaged 29.8 MPG. Driving at interstate speeds,that's good. The ride is great, comfortable and quiet. I really love this car, the best one yet, and yes, Fords got it right on this one.

Economy of operation. Information Center. Comfort and ride.

Great Car
By RCS

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new for my wife because of the seat height. Drove to Memphis, TN for vacation and averaged 36.3 mpg for the trip, a total of 1875 miles. Plenty of room and large trunk. Like the styling of the Sable better than the Taurus and interior is more upgraded. Ride is great, almost as smooth as the Crown Vic I had. Recomend car very highly.

Comfort, interior, trunk space.

None