2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Buy A Used '08 Sable Like I Did!
By Sable Premier Owner on 05/27/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Sable Premier in April just as the first used vehicles started showing up at local dealers. Got my '08 with only 7K miles on it and more than two years to go on the warranty. Saved all that first year depreciation, and it looks and drives brand-new. To me, the sweet spot and a great deal.

2008 Sable AWD Premier Merlot/loaded
By MADE IN U.S.A. on 05/10/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a 98 Taurus SE worlds better after ten years. Only problem is some drips in the paint did not notice until first wash will see what Ford is going to do. Decent ride and handling for a car this size, pretty darn comfortable. For the money and 0% interest could not beat it. If you are looking do your a favor and check this car out. Plenty of room AWD and safe.

Safe, well built, and well designed
By cthelightnh on 05/05/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mercury Sable is a very refined vehicle. It is well designed and well built. I have had no initial quality issues which is a first for me. For a large sedan, it has great visibility and feels much smaller when driving. It has lots of room in both front and rear seats. Trunk is huge! Controls are logical and easy to use. Stock sound system is pretty good and has a aux input for portable electronics like mp3 players.

2008 Sable is Excellent Value
By Jeff on 05/04/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With the $2,000 Lincoln Mercury Factory Rebate to 6/30/08, the new 2008 Sable has become an exceptional value. It has better sound insulation and upgrades than Taurus. This car has more interior room for 6' 3" driver and 4 other large adults than any Japanese, German or American car in its price range. Slightly lower MPG is acceptable trade-off for passenger capacity. 6 Speed Trans and 3.5L V6 are excellent, as is overall fit and finish. I am very satisfied with this car and I highly recommend the new Sable over its competitors. Ford is making a remarkable turnaround!

2008 Sable
By ronsmith38 on 04/30/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced a 2000 Olds Silhouette, and wanted a vehicle with high seating. The room in the car and trunk is great. So far with 2000 miles driven, we are getting about 19 mpg in town, and 28/29 on the highway. This is an very good car.

2008 Sable
By C Mondo on 04/16/08 17:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought this 08 Sable and s far with 600 miles, I love it. Seats are incredibly confortable, ride is smooth and quiet. I compared with the Fusion and when you add the V6 and traction control with to the Fusion, the Sable is a much better value.

Very impressed and surprised
By luvmysable on 04/11/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In 2007 I was in a bad car accident in a small foreign car (I was rear-ended). I resolved to never buy such an unsafe car again. I set out to find the safest car in America and buy it, no matter what. I was sad to have to “settle” for an old lady car like the Sable. I barely test drove it, picked my color, at least got the chrome wheels, and I was off. I am so completely and totally in love with that car! It is amazing and has so many surprises; stuff my Mom’s Lexus doesn’t even have. And it can *move* if you get on the gas pedal. It’s the only car I will ever buy and I will lease a new one in two years, without question. I feel so safe! This was no compromise for me at all! Love it!

Smooth car
By Bill Pechilis on 03/29/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a Honda Pilot and so far am very pleased. Averaging 24 mpg, like sitting higher, quality seems great. The room is massive without being goofy big on the outside. I love te soft leather and the body shape. As long as it holds up, it's the nicest car I've ever owned in 35 years of driving. Nice job Mercury

A Great Car
By RJM on 03/26/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving my Mercury Sable. It is a very well-built car and has a lot of room. The trunk is large. I receive compliments on it often.

Love my Sable
By Roberto on 03/17/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had it 3 months and have 6,500 miles on it driving from Pa to Canada to Florida and back to PA. No problems detected so far. I looked at Buick Lucerne, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima before selecting the Sable. I traded a 2004 Subaru Forester because it wasn't comfortable on long drives. The Sable has a very smooth, quite ride w/good mileage. Sync system took a while to master and performs reasonably well. The Sync system, Sirius and 6 CD player have overwhelmed me w/music choices for those long drives. Overall the Sable is a great value car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.