2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Lots of problems
By Miche on 06/05/10 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Axle gasket has been replaced twice and is going in for a 3rd time to get fixed due to leaking again! Car stalls while it is in motion when air conditioner is on. It also stalls while idling. I will be driving and the car just shuts down on its own. Mercury dealership says there is nothing wrong with it. I bet they change their minds when I go off the road due to no power of any kind when it stalls. Seat warmer has a burning smell when it is on for more that 5 minutes. Not happy!

Great Ride!
By Utahguy on 06/04/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

40K mi; had since new. Have had LOTS of vehicles over the last 40 yrs, and this is truly an outstanding sedan value-wise. BIG interior, HUGE trunk, in nice-sized, "Euro-style" car. NO complaints, other than mileage does suffer some from AWD. Around 17 city/22 hwy @ 80mph.

Nice Car
By jlat on 05/14/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for almost 2 years and have no issues. I have 38k miles so far. The engine has great performance. I usually average about 22 MPG city\hwy. I can get 30 mpg on long trips with a car load of kids,dogs, and suitcases. The car is very quiet and drives like a large American sedan should. I would by another if given the choice. No squeaks rattles or other noises.

Decent car
By Jeff on 04/07/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this vehicle for 2 years & put 36,000 miles on it. The only problem I had was leaking ATF lines. Was fixed under warranty, but the dealer kept the car for a WEEK to replace some rubber hoses! Whether the cause was a bad design or improper installation doesn't matter to me, it reflects poorly on Ford. Other than that I only have a few nit-picks. The ride IMO was stiff. It sort of bounced over bumps, didn't absorb them. The AM/FM button was too small. The seats were too hard. The transmission could be quite clunky in shifting from 1st to 2nd (esp. when cold), otherwise it was downright buttery shifting. The engine was smooth, quiet & powerful enough for me.

not great
By jwdantq on 04/02/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needed brakes at 41k, door moldings are held on by double sticky back tape, car never has gotten gas mileage that was suggested by sticker, car is very noisy, would not buy another one. Have owned Ford products for over 20 years and I am going to switch to Japanese or Korean, maybe even German.

47000 miles and NO PROBLEMS.
By KJN on 03/27/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great car in all conditions. All wheel drive has been marvelous in two exceptionally brutal Chicago winters. Sync system is a joy. Heated seats, navigation system and all the other goodies have also stood up well. A true reliable and dependable full sized american sedan.

2008 Sable is a great car
By JD on 12/22/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 17,000 on my '08 Sable, I purchased it new in Feb. 2009 and it has been trouble free. Only warranty service was to align one of the back doors better; if it was not for that my build quality rating would be 10. I wanted a big and smooth car and this one has delivered. It is a big, tall car with easy access to front and rear seating. Performance rating of 9 takes it for what it is, a big smooth car, not a sports car. If you are looking for a used family car this is a great choice.

GREAT CAR!!!!
By phil m on 10/10/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Mercury Sable. Both have been very reliable. Howevwer the 2008 is far more comfortable and luxurious than the 2005 I replaced. High seating, great visibility, huge back seat and trunk make this a perfect family car. I also own a Lincoln Town Car, but the Sable is the preferred car for trips. Build quality is excellent. I would highly recommend the car to anyone of any age. You will not be sorry if you buy one.

Traded up
By Randall on 10/04/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was originally drawn to the sable because of its exterior looks. I wanted good gas mileage without sacrificing enough power to be able to enter busy freeways or pass on a two lane highway with safety. So far we have taken it on two long trips. The ride was smooth and we made good time plus we didnt spend that much on gas. The gas gauge stays on full for an incredibly long time. My wife loves the little analog clock with the purple glow. She says it relaxes her while driving. The sound system is good. We love the style of the seats and interior. We had negative equity on our trade in, so we decided to trade up for a car that would still be good after we finished paying for it.

Complaint
By john on 08/03/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only complaint is the style,especially the back.Should be more stylish like a Camry, and accord. Not as smooth riding as my 2003 and 1998 Gran Prei. Especially on bumps. This is an honest review. Other than that I like the car roomy.Great trunk. I still haven't got my 18 mi. to gallon locally?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.