2005 Mercury Sable Consumer Review: I love my 2004 Sable Wagon

2005 Mercury Sable - Consumer Review

LS Wagon (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I love my 2004 Sable Wagon
By Gina on

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I shopped for a while before selecting this car for the second time, and I'm glad I did. You heard me right, this car has significant improvements over my previous 97 Taurus Wagon which I also loved to drive. I've driven my 2004 Sable for 14,000 miles so far and haven't had a single problem with it, so yes I'm quite happy. For me, considering what you get, the price of this car made it a no-brainer. I probably would be interested in a Jaguar or a Volvo Wagon too, but only if I didn't have to pay all that extra money. I also think that the Sable is a great looking car, inside and out.

Favorite Features

The DOHC engine has lots of power (but you should know there is a limiter so the car will not go past a certain speed). The body of the car is quiet and feels very solid over railroads and pavement defects. 4 wheel anti-lock disk brakes. The overall car is well tought of, and has many nice features.

Suggested Improvements

From what I can tell, the lights at the rear of this wagon have not been updated in years. The gas cap seems to be on the wrong side of the car when you're not used to it.