2005 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Keeps tickin'
By Chet on 08/21/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Extremely dependable, a great highway cruiser w/mpg average 23-25. This is my 4th Sable and will easily last over 200,000 miles in my experience. Weakest link is the transmission. However, if you change fluids on time, tell her you love her once a week- she will love you back. Very high rating on dependability and safety. This is not your dad's Sable.

Best kept secret out there at the time..
By Nick072261 on 10/25/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car, especially now that I purchased better all season tires! I purchased this car with 19,000 miles for $12,000. It is completely loaded. I now have 45,000 miles on it and have not had any issues. It has a very strong v6 dohc engine that is fast on acceleration. The interior appointments look rich and classy. I also had a V6 Camry before this and I can truthfully say that for the price difference, the Sable is just as good - so far. I sold my Camry with 166,000 miles without any issues, hopefully the Sable will give me the same reliability, only time will tell.

ford dealership
By herb cox on 09/08/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

easy to drive,good ride handles well on road,smooth shifting trans.A.c.and stereo work smooth.

Great, Solid Car
By Vic on 02/23/09 10:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Mercury Sable is great! I got a fantastic car, and at a great price. Super value. It has an excellent ride, good performance, and handles great. Has 52,000 miles on it, only routine maintenance thus far (i.e. oil changes & wipers). Still has original tires and brakes! (Never has been in shop for repairs). It has great features for the money, is very comfortable for the family, and has large trunk space. I'm not sure I'll ever let it go. Highly recommend it if looking for a good, solid, used car.

New big ride
By peter on 12/18/07 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just having my accident a few weeks before, was looking and not buying but going to a 2004 Nissan Sentra to a bigger car was adjustment. Driving and sitting in the Sable was different than Sentra. Going from 15,900 to 13,900 and 15480 miles on it was a good deal. The leather seating and wood console was class and all around controls were easily on reach. The trunk was huge to me and its a smooth ride

Underpriced
By Sean on 03/11/07 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd sable; the first lasted over 12 years before it finally quit. The 05 sable exceeded my expectations as far as interior design and build quality. It kind of reminds me of a luxury car. It may not have perfect gas mileage (I average around between 27-29 mpg), but other than that it definitely outclasses most of its competitors. This car deserves a lot more credit.

Nice car
By Rickey on 11/12/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable. I feel that I got a lot of car for the money. The insurance premium is very reasonable. I really like the trim on this vehicle, it doesn't appear cheap.

Michael Momberg
By Michael Momberg on 01/22/06 09:20 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is what I was searching for. It has all the options I wanted and the price was most affordable. I would recommend Mercury to others. An overall good American car.

Get One Quick
By GCB on 01/19/06 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fabulous! You could call it a sleeper. Sable is not well known by most people looking for a car in this class, but it sure beats all the imports. It has everything, looks, size, comfort, performance, price and quality. Ford has had alot of time to get the bugs out and refine this vehicle to where it is as near to perfect as you can get. Of course, then it has to be discontinued because it has been around too long and the name or the style isn't "cool" to some. I think it was way ahead of its time when it was first designed and is still a very nice looking, safe, comfortable and functional car. Better find one fast. Not many 2005's left. Don't get a "me to" import. Be different.

6 Sables Enough Said
By Ethan on 01/18/06 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 Mercury Sable LS Premium is a very sturdy car with a great ride plenty of features to suit you witch includes power moonroof power drivers seat automatic headlamp system and keyless entry and much more i absolutely love the Sable i have had 6 since they came out in 86 a 86, 90, 95, 98, 01, 05 and they all are great cars and i think the 05 is the best yet with all the luxury features like wood/leather steering wheel and chrome rims and i like the style of the car and the taillamps and foflamps and headlamps and all the wood and chrome trims make the Sable a great looking car and at a great price the car was ove $27,000 and i was able to get it for $16,250 now thats a great deal