2004 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Great car!!!
By bigdawg17 on 05/21/11 02:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Sable new in November of '03 and now have over 100k miles on it and the first thing I had to do to it other than regular maintenance was an A/C compressor this month. The car is stylish,quick and the Mach stereo in it is possibly the best factory stereo Ive ever heard. Comfortable on long trips as well as good mileage. I average around 23 combined city/highway.

Still Going
By Go America on 05/13/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Sable for 5 years and now have 222,000 miles on it. This car still runs great with cold air. I have the 24 valve engine which I think is a lot better than the 3.0 Vulcan engine.I replace the AC compressor at 190,000 miles but other than the front wheel bearings and some basic maintance along with oil changes every 5,000 miles this car is great

140,000 miles and going strong
By denx5 on 08/13/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Sable in the spring of '05. It was a program car and I got a great deal on it. Its been absolutely problem free from day one. Only oil changes, 1 set of tires and 1 set of brake pads. It has really sold me on Ford products again. Currently looking for another program car just coming off lease. I saved a ton over new car cost and definitely got my money's worth. Next car will be an 08 Sable, probably another program car. You know old ladies drive em so they're not abused. Oh yeah, it seems like this 3.0 duratec gets better with age. The car feels like it has more power than it did at 20K which is how many miles it had when I bought it.

Reliable Comfort
By JGP on 06/04/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a 2002 Miata in for it when I needed a new car to drive coast to coast pulling a trailer. Wound up making the drive twice and the car performed flawlessly. Now has 55,000 miles on it and the only repair trip to the dealer was to replace a failing speaker. Car has DOHC 3.0 engine. Pulls down 28 MPG on the highway and 22-24 MPG around town which is surprising for its size. In winter I use 4 studded snows and have never gotten stuck in the worst storms New England can throw at it.

Mercurys are Mistakes
By Colleen on 02/13/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Mercury Sable, I like the look of the car I like the size of the car I like the interior, but I have had some hugh problems. First it started with my Starter needing to be replaced ar 30,000 miles, then my battery kept dying, I have to date changed the battery three times and the dealership cannot figure out what is draining my battery, but the dealership is taking the easy way out and saying things to me like, "You must have left your lights on," not once have I left my lights on or a door open? Now the car has 37,000 miles and the transmission needs to be replaced. I will never buy an American car again.

Great car
By Luv It on 10/04/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this '04 Sable LS with 7800 miles on it from a dealership in Brandeton, Fl. The exterior design is beautiful and it is a classy looking car. The interior cabin is all leather and it is one of the most comfortable cars I have driven including those so- called luxury cars. The gas mileage could be better,(17mpg city,and 22mpg on the highway) Driving this car on the highway is like sitting in your living room in a very comfortable leather chair. You have very little feeling of motion and you do not feel the road at all. The sound system is quite good and the A/C climate control is wonderful. Set the interior temperature and relax in comfort. Great car!! 2005 is the last model yr.

Best Buy / Worst Sell
By Carguy on 07/08/05 01:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Sable LS for about 9 months. Traded a 2003 Aviator for better gas mileage. This car is the most comfortable car I have owned including the Aviator and 2003 Mercedes C-320. The seats have plenty room, a/c works extremely well even in New Orleans summer climate, mach sound system is very adequate. Performance with Duratec V-6 is very responsive. Gas mileage could be better, however, I am sure part of that goes along with different driving habits. Trunk space is very good. Style is good but lacks eye catching appeal, looks like many other mid size sedans. For the money you can't get a better car, however, if you want to sell it you will take a beating as resale is poor.

my wife's car
By Clay on 01/01/05 17:15 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife had a '94 Sable and loved it, so we purchased a new '04 equipped with all the toys... and she really does love this one, too! PRICE is what first attracted us to this car - reasonable sticker prices, huge rebates and dealer incentives = a lot of car for a lot less than most.

My Sable
By shufford on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new sable, it has lots of power and rides so smoothly. I recommend it to everybody.

Actually a Great Car
By Mike O'Meara on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Sable LS with the 24-valve engine is a great performing car. I have the leather, power package and CD and basically this package provides you with just the right amenities without overkill. This is my second Sable, and the last one I drove 152,000 with no problem, then let my teenage daughter have it. The 200 hp 24-valve engine is a solid performer, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more powerful engine as a future option -- somthing like the 260 hp offered in the Lincoln LS. Overall a real solid performer.