Used 2004 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

excellent
By zoomcts

2004 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

all around excellent vehicle from size, comfort, travel and luxury and on top of that affordable! I have had this car for a long while and there has been no major problems, just regular car maintance!

Great car!!!
By bigdawg17

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Sable new in November of '03 and now have over 100k miles on it and the first thing I had to do to it other than regular maintenance was an A/C compressor this month. The car is stylish,quick and the Mach stereo in it is possibly the best factory stereo Ive ever heard. Comfortable on long trips as well as good mileage. I average around 23 combined city/highway.

Mach stereo is awesome. Very nice leather interior.

Cant think of any as I have enjoyed this car more than any Ive ever owned.

Still Going
By Go America

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Sable for 5 years and now have 222,000 miles on it. This car still runs great with cold air. I have the 24 valve engine which I think is a lot better than the 3.0 Vulcan engine.I replace the AC compressor at 190,000 miles but other than the front wheel bearings and some basic maintance along with oil changes every 5,000 miles this car is great

Mach stero and it rides like a more expensive car

None. Should not have canceled production. This is the kind of quality Ford has been trying for years. They had the quality but not the consumers confidence

140,000 miles and going strong
By denx5

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Sable in the spring of '05. It was a program car and I got a great deal on it. Its been absolutely problem free from day one. Only oil changes, 1 set of tires and 1 set of brake pads. It has really sold me on Ford products again. Currently looking for another program car just coming off lease. I saved a ton over new car cost and definitely got my money's worth. Next car will be an 08 Sable, probably another program car. You know old ladies drive em so they're not abused. Oh yeah, it seems like this 3.0 duratec gets better with age. The car feels like it has more power than it did at 20K which is how many miles it had when I bought it.

All the luxury goodies like auto climate, outside temp and compass, 6 changer CD, leather seats. People are impressed with the interior.

Since its no longer being produced no need to suggest any improvements.

Beautiful and practical station wagon
By Peter

2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The medium red color and exterior look of this wagon elicit many second looks. It has been a very satisfactory car thus far. I have had no problems with the car. The large storage space in this relatively long wagon has been great for lugging purchases and for long trips. Eight foot lumber items are no problem with the rear door closed. All in all I am very satisfied.

Storgae capacity and ride are the favorite features.

Confusing operation of the rear wiper switches.