Used 2000 Mercury Sable Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Awesome car
By Karen

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon LS Premium 4dr Wagon

I just had an extremely serious wreck at 65mph where I ended up on the opposite of the freeway upside down. My car did not pancake. The rear glass did not break, the doors did not cave in, I sustained no injury. I wish I could find another one just like it!

Safety!!

Solid, dependable, versatile vehicle
By 7 year owner

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon GS 4dr Wagon

Purchased this car used with 9k mi. Car has been relatively inexpensive to maintain, remains solid and has provided unfailing dependability. Currently has 130k mi. Not an exciting car, but is solid and safe feeling. Smooth highway ride. I call it my 4-wheeled sofa. Has the tried and true base 6-cylinder as I was a bit wary of the more powerful 24-valve 6 cyl. Factory brakes were poor, but once after market brakes put on, no problem. Adequate performance, very useful for family trips, 18-20mpg city, 24-25mpg highway on regular gas. Still running on stock transmission with no signs of problems. Dash, upholstery, and paint remain in excellent condition. Plan to keep for 2 more dependable years.

Comfort. Solid, safe feeling. Dependability, versatility, room. Excellent paint finish. Good steering feel for a conservative Detroit wagon.

Ford should've kept updating and modernizing the Taurus/Sable, rather than allow it to get stale and outdated. There seems always to be a place for value priced dependability.

Better than a van
By Jackie Lindsay

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon LS Premium 4dr Wagon

I have 2 boys just turning teenagers. This car will hold up to 7 people. It drives great and the gas milage for a car this size is great. The middle and back seat can be layed down. My husband loves it. He always wanted a small truck. I always wanted a luxury car and my kids wanted a van. We've got everything all in one reasonably priced family car. The front of the Mercury is much more grand than the front of the Ford wagon. It also has anti-theft and cordless entry. I don't think the Ford does. We have had no mechanical problems at all. The car is also very easy to see out of from all angles. Backing is a breeze.

the convertable 3rd seat, power leather seats, gas and brakes pedals can be moved forward or back, automatic tempature control

`space in front console for cell phone

Decent
By Jabba

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon GS 4dr Wagon

Moved to the Sable Wagon from a Plymouth Grand Voyager. The wagon seems smaller on the road but sure is larger putting it in the garage! Excellent ride and visibility. Clean, classy looking front end styling but slab sided, and dated rear end styling. Our local Ford/Mercury dealer is clueless for service so I do it myself or take it to the next dealer 30 miles away. Be sure to get the 24-valve motor - we didn't and regret it.

Smooth ride, and lots of space with the third seat when needed.

Better fuel mileage and stronger braking feel. As usual with many Ford products better build quality and support from Ford would help resale values.

Disowning Ford
By Dvldog

2000 Mercury Sable Wagon GS 4dr Wagon

My wife and I purchased this car to haul our two kids, one dog, and luggage for family vacations (just call me Clark Griswald). Although we have had some problems (suspension and tire wear) overall the car is okay. Mostly, I am sick of Ford taking me to the cleaners anytime something goes wrong with the car. Even the Ford dealership can't perform normal maintenance, they generally have to replace large portions of the car rather then faulty part (no wheel bearings on this car [$10] only wheel hubs [$75]). If you ask me it sounds like blatant planned obsolesce. I think this is the last Ford for us.

None really, the car is just satisfactory. The dealership has great people (Blue Springs Ford - Blue Springs, MO).

Parts that last. Come on, were is the "Built Ford Tough"?