2000 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Heavy Like a Tank, Cushy like a Sofa!
By mwj12487 on 05/24/12 12:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle when in a financial crisis last year, with only a cash budget of about $3000. When purchased, this car had already about 90k on the clock. With the 90k, I was very impressed at how "new" it felt to drive. Steering was precise, acceleration was more than decent, handling was very good considering it's huge girth. Now, having put MANY highway miles on it, only after one year it's around 150k. In that time, I only have had to buy tires, break pads, and of course oil changes with Mobil 1. What can I say, still drives like it did, when it was "new", emm, well you get the point.

Unexpectedly Amazing!
By mwj12487 on 02/02/12 20:40 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

To begin, let me explain that I purchased this vehicle in haste, in August of 2011. My Sable had 102k on the clock, and had some exterior signs of a earlier collision, but the interior was clean, and the motor sounded well. I jumped in. After only about a week I realized how peppy the 3.0 V6 is. I was very much accustomed to the thriftiness of 4 cylinder cars, but when I began regularly driving the Sable I was not only impressed but satisfied. The ride is comfortable for all shapes and sizes of drivers. The reliability is better than that of a newer Audi I have previously owned. The gadgets are sparce and simple, but they are reliable as well and easy to use. Now at 139K- no problems.

Great Car!
By Deeter on 08/20/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I drive over 100 miles a day (round trip to work. It is comfortable and bullet proof. Stock sound system is rock solid. Heating/AC works great. Ride is comfortable and steering is tight (yet smooth). It's not fancy but it gets the job done VERY WELL! Never EVER had any problems and I am well over 100,000 miles. If you find a low mileage one, BUY IT!

Oh such fun!
By stbbrn on 11/09/08 15:58 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

This car is so much fun to drive. The seats are comfortable, the size is just right, and the engine is so responsive.

Decent but not great!
By chevyman19 on 10/22/07 20:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in September of 2006 and I wish I wouldn't have because the fifth day I had to spend $500 to get my intake fixed, and I've spent over $800 dollars trying to get my a/c fixed and still is not fixed right. When I accelerate hard it blows warm, and another 5 months after that I broke down on the side of the road because my transmission had gone out on it. Overall I would never buy another Sable again because it's all Ford parts.

One-owner pleasure
By harold on 07/06/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

This car has all the features that I need - ABS, traction control, climate control, a beautiful ride at highway speeds and in the city. It has been reliable and I am very impressed with the quality and lack of repairs. This car really is well made and a pleasure to own. My only complaint is the reception of the radio - my other car gets good reception in areas where the Sable reception is poor. Too bad that Ford discontinued the line!

It's Pretty Good...!
By RT on 09/27/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

Having owned this car for 6+ years, we are very familiar with the breed. It's been quite a good car. It's very unassuming--but it serves its purpose: reliable transportation. The moon roof is a great feature as is the ventiliation (something that always stands out with Fords). Good buy at an exceptional price back in '00.

Good American Sedan
By BamaBoy on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

Have been pleased to date. Good power, decent gas mileage in town/great on highway. Roomy for 4 individuals. GOOD FAMILY SEDAN at GREAT PRICE if buying used.

Keeper
By tmouse on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I've had this car 4 1/2 years. Not one problem. Took 8000 mile trip and it behaved with style. Writers want hot rods and strange styling, but forget why we buy the car. The only competitive car when we bought it was $6000 more.

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium Sedan
By CamaroSS on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car after selling my 1997 Mercury Sable LS Premium. The Sable has not went back to the dealership for anything which surprised me considering all the recalls other Sable's have had.I ordered my car in Royal Blue. The color really looks nice on the car and looks good with the alloy wheels. The interior looks very upscale for a $25,000 family sedan and looks alot better than cartoonish dashboard of my previous Sable. I had to have the Duratec V-6 after I test drove a GS with the Vulcan motor. It is such a huge improvement over the OHV 3.0 motor. Im thinking of trading up to a 2004.