2000 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!
By lovemysable13 on 06/27/12 06:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 sable!!!! Its amazing. I have owned it for several years and the only type of maintenance I have had to do is standard! Battery, tune ups, oil changes, etc. In 60,000 I have not had to even do the brakes! I wish they still made the mercury sable! I LOVE MY SABLE!

Heavy Like a Tank, Cushy like a Sofa!
By mwj12487 on 05/24/12 12:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle when in a financial crisis last year, with only a cash budget of about $3000. When purchased, this car had already about 90k on the clock. With the 90k, I was very impressed at how "new" it felt to drive. Steering was precise, acceleration was more than decent, handling was very good considering it's huge girth. Now, having put MANY highway miles on it, only after one year it's around 150k. In that time, I only have had to buy tires, break pads, and of course oil changes with Mobil 1. What can I say, still drives like it did, when it was "new", emm, well you get the point.

170k miles, and still strong!
By feyden on 02/09/12 10:31 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Okay, so admittedly, this car is kind of old... It's a 2000, give it a break! But honestly, the thought that Mercury will no longer be making cars makes me sick. The previous owners didn't really take care of it... dirty interior, lack of oil changes, leaky fluids, etc... but WOW did it clean up nice. A box of ArmorAll, some new floor mats, a steering wheel cover, some 'self-fixing' coolant fluid, and an oil change later, and WOW! This car runs like a dream, steering is very responsive (yet acts as a luxury steering system, so you lose a bit of turn radius), acceleration is above average, fuel economy is great (ALWAYS put 93 octane in this car, it will get the best mileage with it).

Unexpectedly Amazing!
By mwj12487 on 02/02/12 20:40 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

To begin, let me explain that I purchased this vehicle in haste, in August of 2011. My Sable had 102k on the clock, and had some exterior signs of a earlier collision, but the interior was clean, and the motor sounded well. I jumped in. After only about a week I realized how peppy the 3.0 V6 is. I was very much accustomed to the thriftiness of 4 cylinder cars, but when I began regularly driving the Sable I was not only impressed but satisfied. The ride is comfortable for all shapes and sizes of drivers. The reliability is better than that of a newer Audi I have previously owned. The gadgets are sparce and simple, but they are reliable as well and easy to use. Now at 139K- no problems.

After you hit 100,000 miles
By william1971 on 07/26/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

After you hit 100,000 miles a lot of the parts need to be replaced. I notice the parts on the car are cheaper when I replace these parts the replacement parts were made better I had to replace the lower ball joints sway bar links and bushing, hoses, belts, axles bearings, transmission but one thing it has a great motor paid 2000 dollars at 73,000 miles for the car put 3000 dollars after it reach 100,000 miles

Quite Surprised
By Surprised on 11/03/09 11:02 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been a wonderful surprise. Very low maintenance and quite dependable. Currently has 136,000 and the engine, just today, had its first tuneup, original plugs still in there. Other than needs for inspection, no other major problems. Just invested $800.00 in it to replace a broken coil spring and strut on one side only. Will drive it until it's gone. Hope the next vehicle I purchase is as great.

Great Car!
By Deeter on 08/20/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

I drive over 100 miles a day (round trip to work. It is comfortable and bullet proof. Stock sound system is rock solid. Heating/AC works great. Ride is comfortable and steering is tight (yet smooth). It's not fancy but it gets the job done VERY WELL! Never EVER had any problems and I am well over 100,000 miles. If you find a low mileage one, BUY IT!

Awesome car
By Karen on 08/03/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Wagon

I just had an extremely serious wreck at 65mph where I ended up on the opposite of the freeway upside down. My car did not pancake. The rear glass did not break, the doors did not cave in, I sustained no injury. I wish I could find another one just like it!

Solid, dependable, versatile vehicle
By 7 year owner on 01/03/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Wagon

Purchased this car used with 9k mi. Car has been relatively inexpensive to maintain, remains solid and has provided unfailing dependability. Currently has 130k mi. Not an exciting car, but is solid and safe feeling. Smooth highway ride. I call it my 4-wheeled sofa. Has the tried and true base 6-cylinder as I was a bit wary of the more powerful 24-valve 6 cyl. Factory brakes were poor, but once after market brakes put on, no problem. Adequate performance, very useful for family trips, 18-20mpg city, 24-25mpg highway on regular gas. Still running on stock transmission with no signs of problems. Dash, upholstery, and paint remain in excellent condition. Plan to keep for 2 more dependable years.

Oh such fun!
By stbbrn on 11/09/08 15:58 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium 4dr Sedan

This car is so much fun to drive. The seats are comfortable, the size is just right, and the engine is so responsive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »