Used 1999 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Great Car at Great Price
By Love my Sable

1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Sable in 2000. I have only had to do routine maitenance on it and have had NO problems with the car whatsoever. It is a smooth and comfortable ride and the most dependable car I have ever owned. The only negative thing I can even say about it is that it is a bit of a gas hog. Other than that, I love my Sable:)

Dependability and comfort.

Better gas mileage.

Woody Goody
By Cam 2004

1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

I always wanted a big wagon with wood paneling. But those 80's Fords were too old. But I also wanted a used car. So when I swa one of these on the road I wanted it. I didn't like the front of the Ford Tarus model, I liked the front of the Mercury, the turn signals being in the grille.(reminds me of an old 1960's Dodge Dart.)So, it was not too old, but not brand new, so I bought a white SL model. I then bought a roll of fake wood paneling, from Stripeman.com, and coustomized my wagon. (I loved the Brady Bunch wagon.)It was a bit pricey, but I loved the way my new wagon looked! Its a great family car, lots of room and versital, if you get one with a roof rack like I did.

It looks great with wood, if you coustomize it, and I can haul my Airstream trailer with it.

It should of come with a wood paneling option when it was built; But otherwise, its my favorite wagon in the past 10 years.

family man with 91k
By Urbanrob

1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 84k miles and I'm impressed. The Duratec engine starts easy in the winter and has ample pep. I get about 22.5 mpg on average (after tune up), which could be better I think. It's comfortable, quiet and roomy. No problem driving in snow. Huge trunk but the opening could be bigger. Its rather susceptible to cross winds when driving at highway speeds but otherwise smooth and solid (no rattle). The heated mirrors clear ice/snow build up pretty quick. Plenty of room for 3 kid seats in the back.

Love the auto climate control, one touch moonroof opening, heated mirrors, and tight turn radius.

Better gas mileage and larger trunk opening.

Sable -$ fror $ = the best buy
By M535i

1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

We are just about at 70,000 miles and never had any major repairs. The car is much faster than compatible modles and the LS trim makes the car look real sleak. Don't be afraid of buying as sable! However, never buy one with a trailer hitch as the tranmittions are not designed for towing. Stay away fromt the 3.8 Liter motor because of head gasket problems. I have leather seats, sunroof and climate control and a compatible Toyota Camry would have been a lot of thousands more. Why pay all that extra money.

Sunroof

My 99 Sable
By adriene09

1999 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

First car I bought new when I was just out of college. very impressed that I could afford leather and a moon roof for $23,000- tax, title, license all included--- and 0.9% financing to boot. test drove a pontiac grand prix and couldn't see out of it Sable is a good buy for what you get. Good on tires- first set went to 65,000 miles... got the same mileage out of original brakes as well. Would recommend car to anyone looking for a good used car (provided the original owener took good care of it, of course).

The layout of the interior- features (heat, radio, etc...) very accessible to driver.

more horsepower