Very good return on investment
By Mike B. Beats on
1997 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Wagon
I purchased mine in 02 with 46K on it for 6500. In my opinion, I couldn't have spent my money more wisely on a car. I got everything I wanted in the car besides a cd player. It gave me roughly 100K miles with minimal problems. The trans went out at 145K and it costs to much to repair, given the value of the car, but it's a great car otherwise. the heat/AC is stellar. The HP is good. It doesn't handle the best, but we're not racing here. The inside is very comfortable, and my favorite part is that it doesn't draw any negative attention. It is difficult to steal too, which is always a bonus. For the money you spend, you get a good product in return. this car is a road warrior.
Favorite Features
Heat/AC, interior styling and feel, great 6spkr sound, good freeway performance, roomy, low key, quiet, lots of options, very low price, good value, reliable starter, cargo space, familiar to mechanics, impressive to others
Suggested Improvements
Rear suspension...not really mine, but everybody elses. very difficult to install aftermarket CD player. Electrical could be more secure, ball bearings seem to wear out faster than you would assume. Long car and it likes to collect annonymous dents in the parking lot. excessive freeway noise.