1997 Mercury Sable Consumer Review: 1997 Sable LS 3.0 DOHC

1997 Mercury Sable - Consumer Review

GS Wagon (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

1997 Sable LS 3.0 DOHC
By Privet Sale on

1997 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Wagon

I love the look, ride and feel of this car. The 200HP DOHC engine makes the car. The gas mileage is OK for a 6cyl. It handles a lot better than I would have thought. The streering has a great feel to it and the brakes stop it on a dime. The only complaint I have is the radio/heater control pod. It doesn't easily allow you to put a better stereo in it without buying an expensive dash plate.

I like the looks of this generation of the Sable. IMHO it's the best style of all of them. The trunk is bigger than I expected and the folding seats give you even more room if you need to haul some stuff around. The 200hp is great the car seems to be able to keep up with most sedans.

Like I stated earlier the dash pod is a bummer. I have a great stereo that I want to put in and the new dash plate runs between seventy to a hundred bucks. Otherwise I don't see any need for improvement. I would have likde bucket seats and a floor shifter.