1995 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Good car but gas lover
By corkycamel on 10/08/13 03:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with low miles. Really happy with it so far. The V-6 is very powerful and this car really is a runner. Built pretty well. My only complaint is the gas mileage which was a real eye opener to me after driving an economy car for so long. Other than that, I love it. The 1995 model is the last year that they made them good like this, is what I heard.

Best First Car Ever!
By caleb3211 on 04/24/12 13:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

This car was the first car I have ever owned. My great grandma bought it used being previously as a rental car in 96. when she gave it to me in 2007 it had 75k miles on it and no problems. After getting it i have only had to do mainly maintenance items on it such as tires and fluid changes. the build of the car makes it easy to replace anything in the car and the parts tend to be cheap and affordable. a few months ago I was in a accident where my poor car was totaled i still drive it she is a trooper. I would highly recommend this car highly dependable for its age. I am about to give the car to my sister as her first car and i hope that it will still be as dependable as it was for me.

Wow, what a car!
By From PA to FL on 03/20/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased by my employer for me to commute between cities in Florida. When I was relocated to Pennsylvania 10 years ago, they gave me the option of buying it and what a buy I got! This car has not had any major problems or defects. I have kept all of the maintenance on it regular and I think it is key to owning any car. I did replace the radiator last year but that is expected of a car of this age.

Old faithful
By jayne adams on 12/11/07 23:15 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a small used car lot for 3000 dollars. The outside was flawless. It has the most unique mermaid green paint that's recognizable for miles...helps you spot the car in large parking lots. It had 50,000 miles on it so I just bought it for the low mileage. Turned out to be the best car I ever owned. Reliable, comfortable on trips and excellent gas mileage were just a surprise! Friends love the back seat with all the kids on board. I relaced the radio and sway bars. The car is so dependable I fell in love with it. What a bargain.

Really good car
By maltesecommand on 01/17/07 01:33 AM (PST)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle from 92-year old woman. OK, there were dings and a few outside scars, but in nearly two years, this car performed wonderfully. Never had to put any money, except for inspection and oil changes, into it. Now with more than 27,000 miles on it ... still runs great. I'd say, for the initial investment, one of the best cars I've had.

a ok car
By bigb_89 on 06/05/06 04:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for $250 from a friend. Sold it to me cheap because the tranmission needs to be rebuilt, revs high going into 3rd gear.The speedometer is also very bouncy on the car. right now the car sits because of a bad starter, but once replaced it should be back in working condition. Car has lots of room, and is very comfortable. So other than the speedometer, transmission and starter not a bad car for $250.

love it for the money
By Bill Rogers on 05/08/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

Got it for less than a grand with like new Michelins and clean inside and out.Has been reliable and rides well. Parts readily available. I don't understand why I find such hostlity among some car buyers towards the sable/taurus product. The only thing I wish is that it got better gas mileage.

Best Sable ever until the 05 model
By T.C. on 10/07/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Mercury Sable LTS when it was 2 years old with 8,500 miles on it and it still drives as good now as it did then i have never had a problem with my Sable it is still in great condition and has a great smooth ride to be 10 years old and it is very quiet and it has a great feel to the road and i love the Headlamp that goes all the way across the front looks so cool when its on at night and i like the way the dash is made it all lights up electronically and i love the dark green pain and the gold logos and lettering all still shines like new i am telling you this car is the best now my 95 Sable has 92,856 miles which is still pretty low for a car of 10 years of age ...

1995 Mercury Sable 4-Dr GS Sedan
By Sam on 09/13/05 19:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

We use the car around the city mostly. It has been a reliable form of transportation and is an excellent winter car (with front-wheel drive). It seats six passengers. It has a 3.0L EFI V6 engine and automatic overdrive transmission. The color is champagne clearcoat metallic, the interior has mocha cloth seats and floor mats, and it has deluxe cast aluminum wheels. The body is in good shape except for a side scrape/dent at the left-rear fender. The car has an AM/FM stereo radio, a cassette player, a digital clock, dual visor mirrors,and coin and cupholder trays.

Very reliable bread and butter sedan
By lou faiella on 08/14/05 21:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1996 as a "leftover". It is about 10 years old now, and is as reliable as ever. I originally bought it as a commuter - competitive but more substantial than a honda/toyota and i was correct! It is a rugged dependable car that never let me down. For my first 7 years of commuting i got mid to high MPG and the 3.0 V6 was powerful enough for anyone. Now I no longer commute but it still get a respectable 20+ around town. I have put very little into it and i only replaced the battery 3 years ago only out of guilt! Before i got my truck, I used it to haul the usual home improvement items including an 8HP show blower.Ok I did break a rear stabilizer link after 6 years ($25)