Used 1995 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Good car but gas lover
By corkycamel

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with low miles. Really happy with it so far. The V-6 is very powerful and this car really is a runner. Built pretty well. My only complaint is the gas mileage which was a real eye opener to me after driving an economy car for so long. Other than that, I love it. The 1995 model is the last year that they made them good like this, is what I heard.

Best First Car Ever!
By caleb3211

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

This car was the first car I have ever owned. My great grandma bought it used being previously as a rental car in 96. when she gave it to me in 2007 it had 75k miles on it and no problems. After getting it i have only had to do mainly maintenance items on it such as tires and fluid changes. the build of the car makes it easy to replace anything in the car and the parts tend to be cheap and affordable. a few months ago I was in a accident where my poor car was totaled i still drive it she is a trooper. I would highly recommend this car highly dependable for its age. I am about to give the car to my sister as her first car and i hope that it will still be as dependable as it was for me.

It would be easier to list the features i don't like and that is just that the interior is the worst shade of green but i don't think that is anyone fault but the one who originally picked the color. The car is a big car and even after being totaled is still a reliable means of transportation. this car only has 110k miles on it though.

Great Car i wish that newer cars would be more closely modeled after this car being 17 years old and still driving like new.

Wow, what a car!
By From PA to FL

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased by my employer for me to commute between cities in Florida. When I was relocated to Pennsylvania 10 years ago, they gave me the option of buying it and what a buy I got! This car has not had any major problems or defects. I have kept all of the maintenance on it regular and I think it is key to owning any car. I did replace the radiator last year but that is expected of a car of this age.

This car has room for 6! I also have gotten great gas mileage and plenty of stuff piled into the trunk. It was a step up from the Honda Civic I had before, in space and luxury.

I have not had any suprising problems and I don't have any suggestions for improvements.

Old faithful
By jayne adams

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a small used car lot for 3000 dollars. The outside was flawless. It has the most unique mermaid green paint that's recognizable for miles...helps you spot the car in large parking lots. It had 50,000 miles on it so I just bought it for the low mileage. Turned out to be the best car I ever owned. Reliable, comfortable on trips and excellent gas mileage were just a surprise! Friends love the back seat with all the kids on board. I relaced the radio and sway bars. The car is so dependable I fell in love with it. What a bargain.

I just love the radio buttons near the steering. The seats are very comfortable and the ride is so smooth. The outside looks great even when the car is dirty. Great trunk room!

Could use more leg room in back.

Really good car
By maltesecommand

1995 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle from 92-year old woman. OK, there were dings and a few outside scars, but in nearly two years, this car performed wonderfully. Never had to put any money, except for inspection and oil changes, into it. Now with more than 27,000 miles on it ... still runs great. I'd say, for the initial investment, one of the best cars I've had.

Reliability! Cost of operation. This old car still gets around 27 highway; 22 other, mpg. My highway driving speed is 65-75 mph.

For the age of the car, nothing.

• SUV