Used 1994 Mercury Sable GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

I'm using it for a dog-house now
By wpolsen

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

After the transmission gave out at just 100,000 miles and the head gasket blew for the THIRD TIME, I'm finished. I can't even get anybody to buy this thing, and I wouldn't sell it to them anyway. The best use for this thing is to let it sit in the barn for the dogs to sleep in. STAY AWAY!!!

3.8 L engine was very nice to drive.

I place for more than one cup. A drivetrain that works for more than 100,000 miles. I hear they made some "improvements" in later years, but I'm not giving them another chance.

Expressions of Excellence
By Mespa

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Have been very pleased with this vehicle in all respects. I consider it to be an excellent family car.

The quality of workmanship, the design, the initial price and the economy.

I feel that this is an ideal family car. In fact, like it so much better than new or recent designs that I plan to keep many years.

Family Car with a solid feel
By GEORGIAPEACH

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Bought new, with less than 80k miles after 10 years, the car is heavy but still easy to maneuver. It is comfortable on long trips, and been very reliable until transmission problems at 75k miles. Rest of car still works fine, but if you need a transmission, suggest a reliable company, but not the dealership, which is more expensive

Solid feel, manueverable, split bench seat, easy to adjust power driver's seat, good heating and cooling.

Several original defects required dealer to fix on trim, lights; mileage of 22 around town, 27 on road could be a little better.

Peice Of Junk!!
By ClevelandDUDE

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Never buy a Ford or a mercury Sable, only if its the SHO model Ford Taurus. I bought my mercury sable about 3 years ago with 40,000 miles on it. It ran perfectly at first, than 10,000 miles later the transmissions went out on it. So now i bought a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO,I really enjoy it because the motor is made by Yamaha and the tranny is too. Believe me, if u want a headache and alot of stress than buy a Mercury Sable!!

There arent any!!

Everything!! Esspecially the motor and tranny!!

94 Mercury Sable
By Sammyjos

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 100,000 miles through out my high school and college days. It was towed 3 times, went through 4 starters, 2 fuel pumps, and left me stranded twice. I wouldn't buy this vehicle if it has over 100,000 miles. Otherwise, it's a good car. The power is great, good pickup, and room on the inside is plentiful.

Ford fixed it not under warranty, but just for a manufacturing problem with structure. Power is great.

Better reliability. Has too many manufacturing defects; these need to be fixed by company.