1994 Mercury Sable Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Good Car
By Stephanie on 08/16/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 148,000 miles. I have had to get major repairs on the a/c and some bolts and things only twice, other than routine maintenance, (tires, oil changes etc. and replacing the battery twice in the past 7 years) I have had a very good experience with this car. When I bought it, it cost me $4,000. 00. It took $13.00 to fill the gas tank. Now it costs $35 to fill the gas tank. It is a good car to take on road trips. The sun has done a job on the hood paint.

Nanna's Sable
By Ben on 04/03/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought car from grandmother in '01 with 41k. Good riding car with good pickup. Have had transmission issues almost immediately, but have never had to replace. Engine still runs well at 122k, but burnt oil smell after 15 minutes of driving. I change the oil religiously every 3k. Annoying problem with driver's side door latch loosening and having to be re-tightened often. Had to replace radiator at 110k. Generally a good car.

Awesome Car
By kazannickey on 02/20/06 20:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful car that drives nicely. It is very safe in the winter. If you hit the brakes really hard on ice the car automatically turns off.

1994 Midnite Green Sable
By george on 09/24/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

looks perfect. wrecked 3 times (T-boned each side and front end into a ditch once. No putty. New parts each repair). Everything works except the lumbar inflation in the passenger's seat. Has full electronics package. Leather interior in perfect shape.

selling my sable
By tuf on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

i bought my 3.8L with 100,000 miles and with no ac - after going through half of the winter i realized there is no heat either. when i tried to get it fixed they said there was a leak in the head gasket that would cost me almost what i paid for the car. now starting the car is a problem because its probably burning oil(tons of smoke pouring out the exhaust and smells awful). temp gauge keeps fluctuating even after new thermostat was put in. it does poor in the rain and even worse in the snow.

Save The Sables
By dajobaker on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

After the four tires were slit, at a restaurant, with only 750 miles on it. All went well. Extended warranty was a good thing to have when the Transmission went. No problem to get fixed. Recalls were done. No problem. Problem: 'sno go in the snow. Could not bring its self to go in the snow. That was the worst thing about it. Back seat riders felt like they were "floating"

1994 sable LTS
By izzie on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

my sbale is loaded and it is very depentible. it every thing stantard

Typical Ford/Merc
By urbs on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought new in May of 95, noisy speedo, but no other problems until 80k when head gasket failed, but FORD REPLACED IT. Only Ford backs their vehicles like this as I have had GM and Mitsu cars and when the warranty is over with them, you are strictly out of luck. I also had trans failure @95K, 8yrs old. Had it rebuilt by reputable shop and I will now drive the wheels off this very satisfying, comfortable, powerful vehicle.

Great Car
By IdahoCouple on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, put 160k on it. Have only done routine maintenace (oil change, tires etc). We did replaced 2 sensors back in 1999, cost $250 and just replaced the auto antenna. The car has held up well, we mostly go on long trips, we haven't even replaced the original brakes. Yes, we check them regularly. We have the 3.8L engine.