1994 Mercury Sable Sedan Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
Good Car
By Stephanie on 08/16/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 148,000 miles. I have had to get major repairs on the a/c and some bolts and things only twice, other than routine maintenance, (tires, oil changes etc. and replacing the battery twice in the past 7 years) I have had a very good experience with this car. When I bought it, it cost me $4,000. 00. It took $13.00 to fill the gas tank. Now it costs $35 to fill the gas tank. It is a good car to take on road trips. The sun has done a job on the hood paint.

Mom's Beater Renewed
By Tar171 on 06/21/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my mother with 140k as a hand me down. so I like say before I get into detail that my mother beats the crap out of cars. So now for my review. I have blown the stock head gasket on my car twice so I have since gotten some aftermarket heavy duty gaskets, new brake, exhaust, cooling, a/c, aftermarket stereo system, suspension, fuel injection system. Rebuilt 3.8 engine. Rebuilt transmission w/ upgrades for a total of about 10 grand. Since upgrades I've had a one slight problem with the temp gauge fluctuating but thats due to the fact thats its a 3.8 on a 3.0 cooling system (plans for aftermarket fan upgrade in works) other then that I have no more problems after 20,000 miles.

Nanna's Sable
By Ben on 04/03/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought car from grandmother in '01 with 41k. Good riding car with good pickup. Have had transmission issues almost immediately, but have never had to replace. Engine still runs well at 122k, but burnt oil smell after 15 minutes of driving. I change the oil religiously every 3k. Annoying problem with driver's side door latch loosening and having to be re-tightened often. Had to replace radiator at 110k. Generally a good car.

Very reliable, comfortable ride
By Stable Sable on 04/12/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for just over 4 years, I can say that it really is a winner. My secret was to buy if from a friend who maintained it superbly. She even had the door chime fixed when it went out! It has been very reliable, comfortable, and safe.

Awesome Car
By kazannickey on 02/20/06 20:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful car that drives nicely. It is very safe in the winter. If you hit the brakes really hard on ice the car automatically turns off.

1994 Midnite Green Sable
By george on 09/24/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

looks perfect. wrecked 3 times (T-boned each side and front end into a ditch once. No putty. New parts each repair). Everything works except the lumbar inflation in the passenger's seat. Has full electronics package. Leather interior in perfect shape.

What a rip off
By uggghhh on 07/27/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I should have known not to buy the car when I saw it being fixed at the dealership. All these brand new things they put in the car, and some of them even caused MORE problems. I was back at the dealership 5 days into owning it because the belt broke (and 3 more times broke since then). I have replaced this and that, and things keep going.What a frustrating vehicle to own. stablizer bar has broken twice, muffler - gone, brakes need fixing constantly, shocks and struts, gone. you name it, its broken. right down to the spring to open the trunk. broken. oh, and the gas milage is a joke.

dont buy it too used
By musicman on 04/08/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Pretty decent car, problems with reliability though. Ford really needs to improve their transmissions. It was rebuilt by previous owner at about 75 K miles, I got it at 100K and within a month it needed to be rebuilt again. Expensive too, they wanted $1500 BASE to fix it. I got rid of it while I could. Don't bother buying it if it has very many miles on it.

selling my sable
By tuf on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

i bought my 3.8L with 100,000 miles and with no ac - after going through half of the winter i realized there is no heat either. when i tried to get it fixed they said there was a leak in the head gasket that would cost me almost what i paid for the car. now starting the car is a problem because its probably burning oil(tons of smoke pouring out the exhaust and smells awful). temp gauge keeps fluctuating even after new thermostat was put in. it does poor in the rain and even worse in the snow.

Save The Sables
By dajobaker on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Sable Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

After the four tires were slit, at a restaurant, with only 750 miles on it. All went well. Extended warranty was a good thing to have when the Transmission went. No problem to get fixed. Recalls were done. No problem. Problem: 'sno go in the snow. Could not bring its self to go in the snow. That was the worst thing about it. Back seat riders felt like they were "floating"