Used 1994 Mercury Sable GS Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Mom's Beater Renewed
By Tar171

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my mother with 140k as a hand me down. so I like say before I get into detail that my mother beats the crap out of cars. So now for my review. I have blown the stock head gasket on my car twice so I have since gotten some aftermarket heavy duty gaskets, new brake, exhaust, cooling, a/c, aftermarket stereo system, suspension, fuel injection system. Rebuilt 3.8 engine. Rebuilt transmission w/ upgrades for a total of about 10 grand. Since upgrades I've had a one slight problem with the temp gauge fluctuating but thats due to the fact thats its a 3.8 on a 3.0 cooling system (plans for aftermarket fan upgrade in works) other then that I have no more problems after 20,000 miles.

A car that looks slow but in reality has great performance & handling Huge trunk space,seats are nice and soft, lots of space. Heat is hot enough to bake you out. Place for loose change

Better placement of cupholders

Very reliable, comfortable ride
By Stable Sable

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for just over 4 years, I can say that it really is a winner. My secret was to buy if from a friend who maintained it superbly. She even had the door chime fixed when it went out! It has been very reliable, comfortable, and safe.

Visibility is super! The car handles well in most situations. It always starts, and has all the features that I really need.

Acceleration could be better. Also, the problem with poor factory alignment of the rear wheels really does cause rear tires to wear prematurely.

What a rip off
By uggghhh

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I should have known not to buy the car when I saw it being fixed at the dealership. All these brand new things they put in the car, and some of them even caused MORE problems. I was back at the dealership 5 days into owning it because the belt broke (and 3 more times broke since then). I have replaced this and that, and things keep going.What a frustrating vehicle to own. stablizer bar has broken twice, muffler - gone, brakes need fixing constantly, shocks and struts, gone. you name it, its broken. right down to the spring to open the trunk. broken. oh, and the gas milage is a joke.

well, it runs.

anything and everything.

dont buy it too used
By musicman

1994 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

Pretty decent car, problems with reliability though. Ford really needs to improve their transmissions. It was rebuilt by previous owner at about 75 K miles, I got it at 100K and within a month it needed to be rebuilt again. Expensive too, they wanted $1500 BASE to fix it. I got rid of it while I could. Don't bother buying it if it has very many miles on it.

transmission, a/c kinda weak at time, horrible cupholder.

Mecury Sables Are Lemons
By nj0216

I bought a car in 2000. It was only
worth 3-4000, on the books. I have paid
11,700.00 so far to keep up the car.
Mounts fall off, gase is guzzled down
like a drink of water, electrical
things do not work, just one problem
after another.