1991 Mercury Sable 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Still Amazing after all this

1991 Mercury Sable - Consumer Review

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

GS Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Still Amazing after all this time
By DitzyGenius on

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased new at the end of 1990 by my grandmother. After she died in '99, it was purchased by my neighbors. They did a few minor repairs to it, nothing major, and then my parents bought it back for my first car. I've been driving it for nearly 3 years now and I totally love it! It's very reliable and comfortable (all of my friends are glad to catch a ride with me because of the comfort). My only complaint is that it isn't exactly the cutest thing for a teenager to be driving around! Gas mileage is great, even with over 130,000 miles on it and 12-13 years of wear and tear, only a few minor repairs and what not.

Favorite Features

The comfort is great, very roomy interior! I love the gas mileage, I still get anywhere from 23-27 mpg. Also, the trunk space is HUGE! Air conditioner is still blowing strong too.

Suggested Improvements

As a teenager, I wish it was a sportier car, but hey, that's not the type of car it is. It's been great as a first car.