1991 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews

1991 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:
great ride for all sumer.winter.
By sasha gray sable on 07/08/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I got this 1991 sable from my friend 5 year ago. I drove tough 10,000 a year, 125*F 5 passengers MAX A/C up hill +full load in AR.From reno 1,900 trip. -15*F... E brake on snow jump 3-4feet high (try to have anew car) but it still run great. After all that full 1 year abused.I replace 4 strut, tire rod ends,end links and 1engine mount and I start to loving it. And I still drive it more than my subaru wrx STI -comfordable for long drive -roommy -good in snow -good connering -good brake (never lock on dry or wet) -smooth on speed bump rough or off road ONLY one thing I don't like slow acceleration hard to get up hill. But can't compare to my 300 hp STI.

I love my car
By fattkiddlee on 02/10/09 18:14 PM (PST)

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

Ive only had this car a couple months, but so far i love her. She has about 190000 miles, and still runs great. The paint is bad, and there is a lot of rust. but i want to invest to fix her up. i have had no major problems with her, but there are lots of small things i want to fix. Shes a very comfy ride. my friend and i refer to is as lazyboys in a car. haha.

Dorrie's Mercury Sable Review
By Dorrie Wilson on 10/11/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

The car was reliable, except when turning right. There was always a loud rusty noise and popping sound and I was told that rotor was welded to something and that made the noise. The front passenger tire was always blowing out and needing replacement.

the worst car I have ever owned
By mellisigh on 01/24/05 15:45 PM (PST)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

This car has never been reliable in the 3 years that I have at it I have poured in thousands of dollars to fix problems. No problem is minor if I am able to go 2 months without a problem it just means the next one is going to be bigger than the last. Nothing is to specs none of the parts I buy fit even windshield wipers. Now that Im trying to sell it no one will even pay 800 dollars for it running telling me that it was the worst sable ford ever made I recomend no one to buy this car after 120 k miles it falls apart completely even with regular matainece

Another 3.8L Ford Head gasket "Blown"
By jsm024 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

This is a great comfortable car. Runs, drives and rides good. I bought the car used with over 100k miles. Just spent over 20 hours and 400 dollars replacing head gasket (what a pain). I understand that blown head gaskets are typical on these cars. Other than the blown head gasket, hole in the radiator, new starter and new brakes.....this is a wonderful car.

Still Amazing after all this time
By DitzyGenius on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased new at the end of 1990 by my grandmother. After she died in '99, it was purchased by my neighbors. They did a few minor repairs to it, nothing major, and then my parents bought it back for my first car. I've been driving it for nearly 3 years now and I totally love it! It's very reliable and comfortable (all of my friends are glad to catch a ride with me because of the comfort). My only complaint is that it isn't exactly the cutest thing for a teenager to be driving around! Gas mileage is great, even with over 130,000 miles on it and 12-13 years of wear and tear, only a few minor repairs and what not.

happy as you know what
By sablefan on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 80000 miles on it. it's been a wonderful car so far and has a terrific little 3.0L engine. I have 165000 miles plus on it now and it's still going strong. over the years ive only done minor ordinary repairs such items are stuts inner tierod ends fluid changes tires belts hoses. ive gotten as much as 28mpg with it but now am still happy with a repectable 24 at 165000 not too bad huh.

this car rocks
By brandonisthebest on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

sables rock they just rock. sable power is amazing. this car kicks a** if you know what i mean

I like it!!!!!
By pcpyro on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

i have owed my merc for 7 months now and it last longer than any of my other cars so far and i am hard on it so this car is built to last.

Nice car but brakes down a lot
By Nick Hendricks on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car to drive to work that is 35 miles away.And it seems that as soon as you get one thing fixed something else brakes.I have had to put in new struts.All kinds of motor work.Trunk would not latch it was the inside cable relese.Casette Tape dont play any more .Air condishining compressor pump froze up after 3 monyhs of use . Oil leak to expensive to fix.its the rear seal and you have to pull the motor to repair.and there is a lot of road noise .It may have been a nice car when it was new.I get 27 miles per gallon.