Used 1991 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

great ride for all sumer.winter.
By sasha gray sable

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

I got this 1991 sable from my friend 5 year ago. I drove tough 10,000 a year, 125*F 5 passengers MAX A/C up hill +full load in AR.From reno 1,900 trip. -15*F... E brake on snow jump 3-4feet high (try to have anew car) but it still run great. After all that full 1 year abused.I replace 4 strut, tire rod ends,end links and 1engine mount and I start to loving it. And I still drive it more than my subaru wrx STI -comfordable for long drive -roommy -good in snow -good connering -good brake (never lock on dry or wet) -smooth on speed bump rough or off road ONLY one thing I don't like slow acceleration hard to get up hill. But can't compare to my 300 hp STI.

I love my car
By fattkiddlee

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Wagon

Ive only had this car a couple months, but so far i love her. She has about 190000 miles, and still runs great. The paint is bad, and there is a lot of rust. but i want to invest to fix her up. i have had no major problems with her, but there are lots of small things i want to fix. Shes a very comfy ride. my friend and i refer to is as lazyboys in a car. haha.

Seats, very room, and a great smooth ride.

Better paint job

Dorrie's Mercury Sable Review
By Dorrie Wilson

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

The car was reliable, except when turning right. There was always a loud rusty noise and popping sound and I was told that rotor was welded to something and that made the noise. The front passenger tire was always blowing out and needing replacement.

I enjoyed the sun roof and the cruise control.

the worst car I have ever owned
By mellisigh

1991 Mercury Sable GS 4dr Sedan

This car has never been reliable in the 3 years that I have at it I have poured in thousands of dollars to fix problems. No problem is minor if I am able to go 2 months without a problem it just means the next one is going to be bigger than the last. Nothing is to specs none of the parts I buy fit even windshield wipers. Now that Im trying to sell it no one will even pay 800 dollars for it running telling me that it was the worst sable ford ever made I recomend no one to buy this car after 120 k miles it falls apart completely even with regular matainece

seats are comfortable

make the car more reliable a young person like me doesn't have 5000 dollars to invest in a 2000 dollar car

Another 3.8L Ford Head gasket "Blown"
By jsm024

1991 Mercury Sable LS 4dr Sedan

This is a great comfortable car. Runs, drives and rides good. I bought the car used with over 100k miles. Just spent over 20 hours and 400 dollars replacing head gasket (what a pain). I understand that blown head gaskets are typical on these cars. Other than the blown head gasket, hole in the radiator, new starter and new brakes.....this is a wonderful car.

I like the electric moving drivers seat, pretty nice sound system, keyless door locks and remote door lock/alarm.

Ford should have put in better head gaskets so we wouldn't have to go through such a hassle to fix em.