Used 2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mystique model:

Powerful, unique, needs better quality..
By Aaron

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

i own the V6 LS model and it has ran great with minimal problems to this day. bought in 2001 and still own it today in 2009, very reliable, still attractive. love the LS features, preamium sound system, leather seats, motorized radio antenna. added a few things to it myself, like remote start and a better horn. few things have needed to be replaced but it seems that everything needs fixing at once now.... 1,000 dollar suspension estimate at belle tire. everything is luse in the front end. also had to repllace alternator at low miles. it has 151k miles now still good. needs new battery, it also makes this weird humming noise every now and then, doesnt seem to do anything major. left it alone

the good V6 engine, makes an impressive tire squeal every now and then... stands out from most other economy cars. i also like the features package on the LS.

too cramped of an engine space, more front engine room and back seat room, better cup holders!, and fix the HUMMING!

Disappointed
By SAMNJKN

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle new.....took it for all the regular check-ups, oil change every 3,000 miles etc. At 80,000+ miles the engine blew. Yes, I had to replace the engine. Very disappointing because I took such good care of this car.

The handling, steering feature is awesome.

Dashboard is warped. Engine should have never blown at 80K+ miles.

A great car at a great price
By Mystical Mercury

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Mercury Mystique since August 2000 and I could not be happier. This car has excellent pick- up. Two problems I have had with this car is replacing the alternator at 40,000 miles and replacing the fuel sensor (under $100.00). I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase.

I enjoy this car's ability to accelerate due to its v-6 engine. I also enjoy the leather seats because they are so comfortable. Lastly, I really enjoy the smooth ride.

None.

great used car
By mister zip

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought a used very low mileage GS....in 5 years it s only been driven 33155 miles, that made me take the chance on it ... it's an EXCELLENT student or work car...luxury,,,no, but that isnt why I bought it...I really like this car!!!

The interior lay out, including the instrument cluster....

start making them again!

Unrealized potential
By Another1ofhis

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Noisy engine. Vibrates at 70 mph. Brakes perform below norm. Replace twice w/in 60,000 miles. Irregular acceleration w/entry on expressway. Mechanic reports cracks in chassis that need repair. Knocking on extreme turns of the steering wheel. Interior molding below winshield curled up and getting worse. Same thing w/rubber door trim. Interior lighting shorts in dash, overhead and gear shift.

Car loves fast curves. Holds the pavement well. Trim, neat compact body styling is attractive. Pretty, uncomplicated cockpit.

Better quality: 1. parts 2. Steering wheel at extreme turns 3. performance of brakes and acceleration 4. universal rather than specialty battery. 5. Fuel economy. Re-introduce model w/improvements.