2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mystique model:
Powerful, unique, needs better quality..
By Aaron on 03/18/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

i own the V6 LS model and it has ran great with minimal problems to this day. bought in 2001 and still own it today in 2009, very reliable, still attractive. love the LS features, preamium sound system, leather seats, motorized radio antenna. added a few things to it myself, like remote start and a better horn. few things have needed to be replaced but it seems that everything needs fixing at once now.... 1,000 dollar suspension estimate at belle tire. everything is luse in the front end. also had to repllace alternator at low miles. it has 151k miles now still good. needs new battery, it also makes this weird humming noise every now and then, doesnt seem to do anything major. left it alone

Disappointed
By SAMNJKN on 12/07/08 17:52 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle new.....took it for all the regular check-ups, oil change every 3,000 miles etc. At 80,000+ miles the engine blew. Yes, I had to replace the engine. Very disappointing because I took such good care of this car.

A great car at a great price
By Mystical Mercury on 04/26/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Mercury Mystique since August 2000 and I could not be happier. This car has excellent pick- up. Two problems I have had with this car is replacing the alternator at 40,000 miles and replacing the fuel sensor (under $100.00). I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase.

great used car
By mister zip on 03/11/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought a used very low mileage GS....in 5 years it s only been driven 33155 miles, that made me take the chance on it ... it's an EXCELLENT student or work car...luxury,,,no, but that isnt why I bought it...I really like this car!!!

Unrealized potential
By Another1ofhis on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Noisy engine. Vibrates at 70 mph. Brakes perform below norm. Replace twice w/in 60,000 miles. Irregular acceleration w/entry on expressway. Mechanic reports cracks in chassis that need repair. Knocking on extreme turns of the steering wheel. Interior molding below winshield curled up and getting worse. Same thing w/rubber door trim. Interior lighting shorts in dash, overhead and gear shift.

Dashboard unglues Mercury does NOTHING!
By Laura Belfiore on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I am happy with the performance of the vehicle, but am very distressed over the fact that a four year old car's dashboard has become unglued, unsitely and unsafe! I went to Lincoln Mercury and they also told me there was nothing they could do and it would cost me 1350.00 to replace and there were no guarantees. I feel that there should be a recall on this because the guy Linc/Merc told me he has seen a alot of this and that there should eba recall. Anyone that is interested in getting together to write to Ford/Lincoln Mercury about this particular problem, please email me at Awaken59@aol.com

Factory Defects
By Neilf80 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Dash board covering came unglued at 17000 miles was fixed as factory defect w/same dash fell apart again at 32000 was told tuff luck they had fixed it once they did not have to deal with it agaun.This was Ford motor co. Jacky Jones said they would fix it for a thousand.Still no guarantee it will stay fixed.This is my mothers car she is on a fixed income and can not afford to have the dash fixed at this time.Otherwise a very good vechicle,but factory backing is not there

Happy 3 year Owner
By Jim53 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my V6 5-speed Mystique LS in Dec 99 after ordering it to my specs. The dealer thought I should get an automatic trans for resale purposes. I bought it for me as a keeper, not to sell. I really like this car and totally agree with the reviewers comments of July 02. Great Handling, strong engine. Very smooth and powerful 4-disc brakes. This is a great used car deal - if you can find a 5 speed. I've owned Honda Accords - great cars, but cannot touch this for handling. I did not rate the car a 10 because of a clutch leak (left me stranded) and rear styling is so so.

Fun To Drive!
By pmangiafico2 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercury Mystique Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is a very underrated car - with a 5-speed manual, the V6 engine really rips, and the handling is in the BMW/Audi league. If you don't need the status and gadgets that go with a BMW 3-series, this car brings you the performance and handling for half the cost. And it even came standard with leather, power drivers seat, etc., which are *options* in the low-end BMW. Nearly everyone who has ridden in it has asked me "what kind of car is this?". I guess nobody seems to expect a boring Mercury sedan to blast off and zip around corners better than the more expensive, yet smaller, new Jetta, and in the same league as cars more than twice its twice. Rock on!