Used 1995 Mercury Mystique Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercury Mystique - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercury Mystique

View reviews for a specific Mystique model:

Most Helpful|
The Mecury MYSTAKE
By tbeau

1995 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

wish someone would steal it and blow it up. big money pit. was in the shop for a total of a month and cost over $2000 to get it to run so we could get rid of it. i think i could probably sell my bike for more than this car is worth. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!

Favorite Features

power seat

Suggested Improvements

higher some toyota engineers

A ROLLING PEICE OF ****
By NEVER AGAIN!!!

1995 Mercury Mystique LS 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT THIS CAR IN 2001 WITH 27K MILES ON IT. I'M THE SECOND OWNER AND THIS CAR HAS GIVEN ME NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS SINCE I BOUGHT IT. I HAD TO REPLACE ALL THREE CATALITIC CONVERTERS. MY CUP HOLDERS BROKE. THE TRUNK LEAKS A LOT OF WATER ALL INSIDE IT WHEN YOU OPEN IT AFTER IT RAINS. THE CAR STALLS SOMETIMES AT LIGHT AND STOP SIGNS. SOMETIMES AFTER DRIVING IT, THEN TURNING IT OFF, AND THEN TRYING TO START IT AGAIN, I HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BEFORE IT WILL START.

Favorite Features

THE SUNROOF & IT HANDLES GOOD

Suggested Improvements

ARE THE PARTS FROM A CRACKER JACK BOX? THE CUP HOLDERS ARE CHEAP AND BREAK EASY. THREE CATALITIC CONVERTERS IS JUST TOO MUCH. PLEASE RECALL THIS CAR.

Stray Away...
By Topher

1995 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

Ok, bought this "gem" 3 years ago...within 2 weeks of having it, the tranny went on mine. Had to have this thing in and out of the shop. Had to replace belts numerous times...try three in 6 months. I know that this is a 10+ year old car...but come on...cannot wait to get rid of this hindrance of a car...oh, check engine light comes on all the time too!!

Favorite Features

Nothing really

Don't buy this car.
By clm0675

1995 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

1995 was the first model year, and I've had nothing but problems from day 1. I only have 86,000 miles on it and am ready to get rid of it.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!
By crissy

1995 Mercury Mystique GS 4dr Sedan

I am still kicking myself for buying this car!! Nothing but TROUBLE. This car has made me promise to not buy another Ford or Mercury!! Problems include (not to mention the recalls), air compressor, O2 sensor, EGR, transmission, battery cables, alternators- the list goes on. In additions, the inside is cheap. The cup holders are placed in a location that allows them to no doubt be broke. Oh, and the truck leaks and replacement parts will cost a month's paycheck ( $150.00 battery cables!)

Favorite Features

That I got rid of mine

Suggested Improvements

Recall every one ever made and sit on fire