2010 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mountaineer model:
Jia's Mountaineer
By Jia on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my '08 Explorer with a '10 Mountaineer. Even though I live at 5280 ft ASL my little 4.0 V6 runs like a rocket and this truck is beautiful. Gas mileage is what you would expect for a truck, about 14 MPG around town but I use it mainly for going to the gym, shopping, etc. Lots of room in the rear for big stuff and a DVD-video player for the grand kids (someday). Might be the last SUV I can buy with a truck frame under it. Nice sound system with bluetooth for hands-free phone. With the moon roof open I feel like I'm outside. Well protected with front and side airbags. This quiet truck will take my anyplace I need to go.

Great Vehicle
By fordman on 12/23/09 12:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mountaineer 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Being one of the last true SUVs on the market this could use some improvement in the model offerings and options. I like the color, the new Flame Blue exterior and the black leather interior except for the hideous tan headliner. What a mismatch of colors. I have about 800 miles on it and the temperature is below freezing or zero and the gas mileage is 19.5 on dash computer. Fuel economy on this vehicle is under rated. Wish it would burn E-85. six speed transmission would have been nice also. Wanted Premier model but was not offered in 5 seat version. The AWD is super on the snow and ice. Very quiet and comfortable vehicle with lots of cargo space and back seat room.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercury Mountaineer in VA is:

$113 per month*