2007 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mountaineer model:
1st time Mountaineer owner
By 1st time Merc owner on 03/28/08 07:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've been SUV drivers forever, live in rural area, and this has been a nice surprise. Purchased this Mountaineer replacing our Ford Explorer that had 170,000 plus miles. Took it on it's first road trip to the mountains for skiing and the comfort level was top notch. We are also impressed with the quiet ride this SUV has as opposed to our older Explorer. Average gas mileage on this 500 plus mile trip ranged between 18-22 mpg which is what we are used to with SUV's. Love having the reclining second row seats in this Mountaineer since we didn't have it on the Explorer. Cargo space was great for all our ski gear.

2007 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD Premier
By Hinrich on 03/25/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Mountaineer and not the best we had. Quite a few problems within the first 14,000 miles (check engine light on, 6-speed transmission shifting abrupt, airbag light on, bad body panel and door fit, rust on some body parts) required multiple dealer visits. The engine is powerful and more refined compared to the 2004 model we drove before. Gas mileage is bad, get about 14 MPG in mixed driving. Truck is comfortable except for a choppy ride over short bumps. Interior comfort is good with lots of space (I'm 6'6" tall). Quality of some interior materials a step back from 2004 model.

2007 Mercury Mountaineer great value!
By Vic Costa on 03/24/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have nothing but good things to say about this SUV. It does all I need it do do with comfort and style! Value wise it is a great investment. I have had zero problems.

Kogt
By Larry O'Connell on 03/15/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned the SUV for 6 months and love it. I am more impressed with it the more I drive it. Mileage is an honest 13 mpg in heavy city driving and getting slightly better as it gets miles. The mileage on the road is where it really shines, it is easy to get 19-22+ mph on the open road. Combined mileage has been a solid 16+ mpg for our type of driving. I love the performance of the V8 and the 6 speed is able to find the right gear when needed. The SUV is solid, quiet,and fun to drive. We own a 2000 Mustang GT 5 speed that we love and I am shocked that I find my self wanting to take the Mountaineer on trips where the road is twisty. The Mountaineer really handles nice, and just feels right.

A great vehicle
By iceout on 12/25/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is truly a great SUV. It handles great is reliable and fun to drive but most important it is very versatile from carrying up to 7 passengers to haling a lot of stuff (84 cu.ft.) and I have done both. The high ground clearance makes back road travel a breeze without worry of going over a rock in the road doing damage.

It's a great ride for the price
By hajji on 12/24/07 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's my third one and they only get better. I never had to go back to the dealer for any problems. Looks good and drives great. I couldnt be happier.

Solid ride
By vusford1 on 09/29/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I mostly enjoy my new Mountaineer. It has pretty good comfort in all rows, has a smooth ride, and decent handling for a truck- based suv, however I do wish that fit and finish was a little better, as I have had some minor problems. Ford motor company quality control could be better

Love the Mountaineer
By byrnes on 07/16/07 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Really nice truck, pulls our boat well. Wish it had load leveling suspension though. Navigation system works well.

New Purchase Observations
By Ray on 06/19/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We've had the Mountaineer a little over a week now and we are very happy with our purchase. I got all the features I wanted: luxury with towing power, but not a huge SUV that is unweildy to handle in city traffic and a problem parking. I particularly liked all the luxury features being "standard" on the Mercury vs. optional equipment on the Ford Explorer. I think I got a great value for the price.

They just keep getting better
By davdor on 04/21/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth Mountaineer and there are significant improvements since 2005. The V8 is smooth and quiet, and the ride is much smoother. There is very little road noise and the body appears to be stiffer. A consuner magazine claims the Mountaineer has above average mechanical problems, but I have never had even one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.