2006 Mercury Mountaineer Consumer Review: Excellent Vehicle - Very Happy

2006 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Review

Convenience 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent Vehicle - Very Happy!
By 1st SUV on

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2006 vehicle about 1 month ago from a private party, with about 28k miles. After reading all the reviews about poor transmissions, and all the problems people were having, I almost turned away a great SUV! I have had NO problems whatsoever (knock on wood) so far. Transmission is very smooth & very fun to drive. Interior design is very nice and unique, but the exterior presents nothing truly exciting. I have been getting about 385 miles per tank, roughly 20 gallons to fill up, at about $60 bucks a pop...but it's well worth it, and it's an SUV so that was expected!

Definitely the interior. Mine is two toned which sets it apart from other model SUV's. Great space.

Rear head rests do not go all the way down - very odd in my opinion. Also the placement of the door handles...they are too low and awkward to get at. Other than that, not much else bad I could say. And if thats the worst, I'm happy.