Used 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Mountaineer

View reviews for a specific Mountaineer model:

Bought new
By Warren Goodwin

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new and we have put 215k on it. Wonderful machine to travel in. We get 22mpg on the highway.

Great Alternative to a Pickup for Family Men
By Al Anderson

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I really, really, wanted a pickup truck but was convinced by a mentor to buy a good SUV and a trailer given the other things I needed to do with my vehicle. I found my mountaineer for a steal of a price and haven't regretted it one iota. It's been a champ through and through. The gas mileage is what one would expect, but it more than makes up for it in the lack of repairs. The one thing I was warned is that it will chew up tires, but I bought a good quality set some years ago and have them rotated with each oil change. They've lasted just fine. The interior is roomy and altogether very manipulable- seats fold up for hauling kiddos and fold down very well for hauling cargo or sleeping in the back on a long road trip. It tows my small to medium loads very well and offroads without hesitation. The tech is outdated but reliable and user friendly. Aside from the usual routine maintenance have not had one breakdown yet in 10 years. I think my favorite is its incredibly tight turn radius. I can maneuver this thing as tightly as any car I've driven, perhaps moreso. It puts our minivan to shame on this front. All around a great vehicle.

Great SUV
By mfc7

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was not sure about getting my Mountaineer las year with all the missinformation out there. I just wanted tp let everyone know, it is not true. My SUV even had a savage title and has been GREAT, it is an awsome vehicle and you won't believe how much space, comfort and how reliable it is in the weather conditions I live in.

Love my Mountaineer
By Deborah Heckenberger

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Mountaineer (1st was 2003). I love the comfort, handling and roominess. I like the AWD, and my favorite feature is the heated seats, not too hot, not too cold. Only problem was shifting and the recall took care of that. Sorry that they are discontinuing or I would buy a third one in a year or so.

Heated Seats, all wheel drive

Better shifting out of and into park

Can't Complain...
By PlainJoe

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4dr SUV AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Got this used with 25000 miles, now has 55000 miles. At first, I expected trouble but the car gave me none. Has not been to the dealer. CANT COMPLAIN. Im really happy with the performance. Does really well in NJ snow.

Third row seats. My youngest sons domain...

Back up camera.