2004 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mountaineer model:
LOve it!
By FrankiesMommy on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The whole truck is AWSOME! Even though gas is a bit much with city driving, it is well worth it. The extra space you get by lowering the 3rd row seat makes traveling and shopping a breeze!!!

What an improvement ! GES
By GES on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 1998 Mountaneer V8 AWD, and the improvement in ride and on the road feel is immense. I even notice a slight increase in the interior width of the vehicle.The Body style is a knockout. I do believe that I notice a very slight improvement in Gas mileage over the 1998. It could just be my imagination because I like this one so much better.

lvc
By lvcollins on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the mountaineer. It's comfortable and has a smooth ride. The only problem that I've experienced is that the car wants to stall out in either cold or warm weather. The engine begins to rev up, the car lunges forward repeatedly,then proceeds to stall when I decelerate upon approaching a stop sign/light or into a turn. Eventually I have to put the car into park and give it a little gas to stop the revving. It's an intermmitent problem occuring a few times a month. I have had it looked at twice and they can't seem to find the problem. Today it is in the shop for an oil change, hopefully they can correct the problem.

Used to have a chevy blazer
By skipp98984 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this SUV is much better then the old chevy blazer, very roomy inside cabin, better gas milage then expected, even going from a V6 to the nice 4.6 V8. Great pickup, can't wait for the snow! Smooth ride, would like to take it off road, but the paint is still way too nice! Great build, check out the undercarrage.

Good car
By benji88487 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great looking car. drives nicely. Only problems with it have been cd player and light.

my mercury mountaineer
By mswsdad on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

In general I like the vehicle a lot..it has a few little problems, but seems to be working themselves out.

Great SUV!
By oscar173 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I spent over a year driving and testing SUVs and finally decided on the Mountaineer. A geat decision! It's great to drive and comfortable for seven, although a bit of a climb to the back seat. After a month I enjoy as much as the first day.

I love it
By Geir81 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my volvo s80t6. I love the Mountaineer. Drove to Florida on my 2nd day owning it. NO PROBLEMS at all. Very comfortable leather seats. V8 is smooth and strong. Stearing tight. Radio not super, but acceptable. Very smart design inside. microfiber good touch. steering wheel control so conv. very sharp all-round. I love it!

Nice Ride
By ChipDale on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice to drive, alot of power when you need it. Good on gas when everyday driving.

Smooth ride, great pick up
By sandb on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Drove the Ford Explorer first then drove the Mountaineer. I was sold. Basically the same car, but much smoother ride due to the different suspension system. Powerful engine, surprisingly easy to manuver. Only issue so far is once in a while when I start the car and don't let it warm up (even on mild days) I threatens to stall when I stop at the bottom of the hill in my neighborhood. It lunges forward and repeatedly reves until I shift into Park then back into drive a few seconds later. I need to get that checked. Overall, I highly recommend this smooth driving, fun SUV