2002 Mercury Mountaineer Consumer Review: Never buying american car agai

2002 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 FFV AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Never buying american car again
By Donald Steiner on

2002 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 3 year lease on 98 mountaineer. Absolutely loved the way it drove.I would frequently drive between Canton,Ohio and San Jose. I was very sad to part with it. Looked at acura mdx,jeep grand cherokee and lexus rx300. Nothing blew me away more than the redesigned mountaineer. My company gave me a corporate discount towards any ford motor vehicle. This made the mountaineer an even more ideal choice. I now feel ashamed that i leased it. At 10000 miles the cheap vinyl on the seats started to wear out as if it had 50,000 miles. At 15,000 miles i started having computer glitches. the dealer attempted to fix it 8 times before the lease was up. It never did get the problem fixed. I am now an audi bigot.

good safety rating,small turning radius,and lots of rear trunk space.

bring back the level of quality and reliability i experienced in my 98 mountaineer.Get better quality leather.Lose all the cheap plastic and get more heat in the heated seats.