Awesome Mountaineer
By Jberezo on
2002 Mercury Mountaineer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
It definitely has a few more options than the Explorer, like an underseat storage area in the second row. So when Ford announced a 2250 cash back rebate, my wife and I went looking. She likes the styling much better, I guess Ford would like that, it was suppose to be designed for women. There were WAY more Mountaineer's around than fancy Explorer's too, which helped us get exactly what wanted. We got the Premier Edition, which has dual exhaust, satin nickel luggage rack, 17" wheels and tires. She calls me several times a day to tell me how much she loves it. She did NOT want an SUV. She is so surprised at how much she likes it.
Favorite Features
6 disc in dash cd player. All the satin trim on the Premier Edition. Heated front seats. 17" wheels and tires, bigger is always better! Dual zone automatic climate control.
Suggested Improvements
placement of the power seat controls. Mine has a blackout where the Ford Explorer's 4x4 controls would be. Given that the all-time AWD Mountaineer wouldn't have controls anyway, I don't even know what would be there if we'd gotten it.