7 of 7 people found this review helpful
Car has 147,000 miles and it drives like new
By jwdia on
Vehicle2000 Mercury Mountaineer 4dr SUV AWD
*At 147K miles engine and tranny sounds, and performs like brand new.
*They were not kidding about the V8 Power.
* Body well built and solid. Quality steel - no rust yet.
* AWD really grips the roads ( Iowa winters..no problem here)
*Factory radio works but no display - common issue.
* rear wiper does not work - again common issue.
*Keyless entry quit working, and door locks need some TLC.
* some road noise. ( can't tell yet if it is in need of a muffler or just the roar of the 5.0)
* no rust yet but a little pain bubbling on the bottom inside of the rear doors. not noticable to the public
Best FeaturesStrong motor. Power Moon roof a plus. large and comfortable interior. Plenty of room for me and my two kids in car seats. Am predicting that i will get another 100K miles out of this car easily.
Worst FeaturesFuel economy is very...VERY poor if you let your car idle for more then a few minutes in the city. Also if you drive with a soft foot and keep the RPM's between 1500 and under 2000 you can really improve the MPGs.
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.