A GREAT TRUCK!!!
By Benjamin Hutzler on
1998 Mercury Mountaineer 4dr SUV
The Mountaineer as close as it is to the Explorer is a great truck. I have mine fully loaded in Toreador Red, 5.0 Engine, Alarm System, Automatic Dimming Mirror, Bucket Seats,Chrome Wheels, Automatic Climate Control for AC, Compact Disc Changer w/the aftermarket installation of the In-Dash 6 Disc CD Changer, Dual Power Seats, Keyless Entry System, Leather Seats, Limited Slip Differential, Luggage Rack, Overhead Console, Power Antenna, Power Moonroof, Running Boards, the rear seat DVD Player from the '02 Ford Excursion, rear Altezza style tail lights, PIAA Super White Headlights, Brush Guard, Bug Guard, and Metal Tail-Light Guards.
Favorite Features
I like having the DVD Player with the in dash 6 disc CD player and having the CD Changer in the console and able to control the last two by the steering wheel controls. Just a beautiful truck all around.
Suggested Improvements
ENGINE MODS! K&N Air Filter, BOSCH Platinum +4 Spark plugs, Z-Max engine treatment, still looking for clear corner lens, and side marker lamps like on the 2002. I saw a Saleen Mountianeer prototype for my year model so I would love to find graphics and body kits. Any ideas, email me.