1998 Mercury Mountaineer Consumer Review: 1998 AWD Mercury Mountaineer b

1998 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Review

1998 AWD Mercury Mountaineer by rms
By rms on

1998 Mercury Mountaineer 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this used with 40,000 miles,from day one I've had electrial problems.I've had to replace the differantal,transfer case and ball joints. I was told all these are because of it being awd. The back wiper doesn't work. The radio, dash and clock does'nt work,antenna does'nt go all the way up and down. Ford did'nt forsee the need to replace the bulb, They want you to BUY a new radio.The door ajar light is always on drivers door doesn't lock or unlock with the power lock have to manually lock it and to unlock I have to unlock it by opening it from the inside. I've alway taken excellent care of it and never abused it it's a rough ride on the road and have never used off road.

moon roof, keyless entry, lighted mirror. self adjusting glare on rearview mirror.

Ford needs to fix their elec. problem.They have had it to many years! the bumpers get filled up with dirt and snow. Takes forever to wash out.use repacking ball bearing, smoother ride, better warranty or parts that last!