2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

Luxury 4.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )
04 mercury monterey
By millerfam0128 on 04/23/14 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just had my monterey for I think 4 years. It was on 04 loaded model. I loved it!! My kids loved it!! didn't have any major problems with it and drove it from NJ to Florida each year. I bought it used and it was in great condition. I recently just had a terrible car accident and rolled it and all. It was amazing my whole family of 5 walked away. No one could believe it!! That car saved our lives!! I'm now trying to find another one used.

Not bad, my wife likes it!
By Family of 7! on 10/18/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first new vehicle we had ever bought outright. Previously we had leased all our vehicles. I told my wife she could pick out any van she wanted and load it up with any options she wanted. She picked the Monterey because of its looks mostly. But the cooled leather seats helped too! Plus, the huge rebates made the cost come down to like $25,000 for a van that stickered over $32,000.

Great for handicap
By jdavis on 09/12/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased ours in March 07. We were able to get it for 22K. At this price I think it was a steal. I am handicapped and we had it converted (VMI) to haul my power wheel chair. The Mercury has the widest opening Rt. side door 33". My Powerchair and I are 600+ lbs. The 4.2L has plenty of power and rides smooth. The dual air helps to cool it off quickly which is a requirement in Phoenix 110 heat! My wife likes the front and rear sensors and the smooth ride. Performance and handling is good considering this is a MINI-VAN and not a Mustang! Would have liked better mileage, 15-16 city and 20 Highway.

read before buying!
By jersey montery owner on 12/14/06 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Monterey during the "employee Pricing" campaign late last summer. Since then we have had several minor and major problems forcing us back to the dealership and to try to deal with Mercury direct. During our first extended trip, the LR wheel valve stem (obviously defective from the start as we only had about 800 miles at the time) went and we fought to have the resulting tire damage fixed by Merc to no avail. Gas mileage is extremely poor and I believe Ford/Merc are the only ones w/o a 60/40 split rear seat. We are now fighting turn signal switch issues and had to have a leak in the rear hatch fixed twice! TaKe a long hard look before buying!

Great Van
By Shawn on 09/07/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Mercury Monterrey is hands down better than the Town and Country that I traded in on it. The mileage is slightly better than the Town and Country and the van is of much better quality. I liked the T&C but I love the Monterrey. It has much more style, and is more appealing (interior and exterior.

Bad MPG!
By jfturf on 08/23/06 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's very average and the gas mileage (13 mpg city) is horrendous. Poorly placed cup holder for driver, poorly designed center console, too expensive for what it is. 3rd row seat is very close to the floor and is only suitable for small children. Even a small adult would have his knees in his mouth sitting back there.

2nd Mercury Monterey
By Love my Monterey on 04/01/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Mercury Monterey i got the first one in late 03 as a 04 model and it just keeps getting better so that why i purchased a 2006 Monterey it actually has more features than my 04 Monterey Premier and the 06 was cheaper in my opinion this is the best minivan out there its by far the best looking one outside and to me the best looking one inside to the interior materials are of great quality as well as the exterior the 4.2L V6 is very powerful it can easily get up to 70 in no time and the ride is great its extremely quiet and smooth and i love the colors dark red and black leather and i love the wood/leather steering wheel and everything else as well i highly reccommend this van

The best van i have ever owned
By Julie on 02/24/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many vans in the past i have owned Mercury Villagers Ford Windstars and 1 Chrysler Town and Country and the Mercury Monterey is by far the best is has a smooth quiet ride and it handles like a luxury car would and i love the wood grain accents and the chrome door handles and door locks and i love the front design sporty on the outside yet elegent and luxurious on the interior and i like the 17" rims and i like how everything is just at the push of a button you push a button and the slides open and the lift gate opens and so many more things i just love this van its so nice and sporty and i get many compliments on my van people say it looks great and i also love that 4.2L V6

only one with Cooled seats !!!!
By FL_Family on 02/19/06 22:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

if you live in the south like Florida here... you will understand that the cooled perforated leather seats are the only option you need to look for in a van... and this is the only van made that has them... you will appreciate all the great others, like power doors, ultra-quiet highway ride, compass, dimming rear-view, memory seats, pedals, mirrors, etc etc... program yours or your spouses own code in the keyless door entry and it will adjust your seats to you or her when you enter you code to unlock the door... another push and all the power doors open up... it's just simply awesome, and the workers at the plant in canada are the most detail minded folks, they did it all with qualiy!!!

The name says it all Montery Luxury
By Greg on 01/18/06 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Monterey Minivan Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

All i can say is its the best Van out there it is loaded up with luxury features and a powerful 4.2L V6 it is absolutely the best if you're smart you'll avoid all the rest because i tried them and they all stink in my opinion like i said before Monterey is the Best

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.