Used 2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Monterey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Monterey

Luxury 4.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

04 mercury monterey
By millerfam0128

2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just had my monterey for I think 4 years. It was on 04 loaded model. I loved it!! My kids loved it!! didn't have any major problems with it and drove it from NJ to Florida each year. I bought it used and it was in great condition. I recently just had a terrible car accident and rolled it and all. It was amazing my whole family of 5 walked away. No one could believe it!! That car saved our lives!! I'm now trying to find another one used.

Favorite Features

DVD player backup senors auto doors

Suggested Improvements

cup holders need to be moved from in front of jacks

Not bad, my wife likes it!
By Family of 7!

2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first new vehicle we had ever bought outright. Previously we had leased all our vehicles. I told my wife she could pick out any van she wanted and load it up with any options she wanted. She picked the Monterey because of its looks mostly. But the cooled leather seats helped too! Plus, the huge rebates made the cost come down to like $25,000 for a van that stickered over $32,000.

Favorite Features

Cooled leather seats, power doors all around, DVD system.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation, sunroof, AWD, better fuel economy.

Great for handicap
By jdavis

2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased ours in March 07. We were able to get it for 22K. At this price I think it was a steal. I am handicapped and we had it converted (VMI) to haul my power wheel chair. The Mercury has the widest opening Rt. side door 33". My Powerchair and I are 600+ lbs. The 4.2L has plenty of power and rides smooth. The dual air helps to cool it off quickly which is a requirement in Phoenix 110 heat! My wife likes the front and rear sensors and the smooth ride. Performance and handling is good considering this is a MINI-VAN and not a Mustang! Would have liked better mileage, 15-16 city and 20 Highway.

Favorite Features

Wife likes the ride and front and rear sensors.

Suggested Improvements

Should be able to get more HP and mileage from the 4.2L V6

read before buying!
By jersey montery owner

2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Monterey during the "employee Pricing" campaign late last summer. Since then we have had several minor and major problems forcing us back to the dealership and to try to deal with Mercury direct. During our first extended trip, the LR wheel valve stem (obviously defective from the start as we only had about 800 miles at the time) went and we fought to have the resulting tire damage fixed by Merc to no avail. Gas mileage is extremely poor and I believe Ford/Merc are the only ones w/o a 60/40 split rear seat. We are now fighting turn signal switch issues and had to have a leak in the rear hatch fixed twice! TaKe a long hard look before buying!

Great Van
By Shawn

2006 Mercury Monterey Luxury 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Mercury Monterrey is hands down better than the Town and Country that I traded in on it. The mileage is slightly better than the Town and Country and the van is of much better quality. I liked the T&C but I love the Monterrey. It has much more style, and is more appealing (interior and exterior.

Favorite Features

It would be a tie between the heated/cooled seats, the dvd player, and the power liftgate. They are all very nice features to have.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the mileage was a little better, BUT it is slightly better than the Chrysler Town and Country I traded in.