Used 2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

Even used with a lot of miles, this is a great car
By Patrick Miller

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2007 Mercury Montego with about 112,000 miles on it. As much as the previous owner babied the car, I was surprised that he had never serviced the CV transmission. After several months and a few thousand miles, I became concerned when the check engine light started coming on during long trips. I took the car to a Ford dealer and got the transmission serviced. They assured me there was no problem with the transmission. My mechanic replaced the oxygen sensor which made no difference. A second trip to another Ford dealer revealed no CVT problems, but a fuel pump that needed replacing. Ever since getting that problem fixed, the car has run like a dream.

I've had many people ride with me and comment on what a nice car I have. They can't believe it's eight years old with more than 120,000 miles on it. Living in northeastern North Dakota, I really appreciate the AWD performance on snow and ice. The big, wide Michellen tires are great. The heated leather seats, excellent heating and cooling system, great all-round visibility, huge side mirrors, confident steering, ride stability, fog lights, and air bags all around give me confidence on the road during adverse driving conditions. The car provides a great, comfortable driving experience. The interior is very roomy and the trunk is huge.

The interior and exterior are by no means flashy, but far from homely. The car could use a bit more horsepower, but the lack of power hasn't been a problem in the flatland where I normally drive. The audiophile sound system isn't as good as the one in my Fusion. I do wish they'd included an MP3 port on the dash. The car can become a bit of a gas hog driving into a stiff headwind. Otherwise, it's close to the mileage on the sticker.

excellant family car ,sporty ,confort,proud to own
By katcarving

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in 08 2006 ,125. mile tranny started slipping bought a used one to replace , , not expecting cars to last forever but this is a really nice car over all, when we had guest in it they said wow attorney doctor car , had all the options plus extra components handles well on gravel roads with out the abs, car almost drives it self it does get 2 to 25 mile on open road

all electrical controls. sound system , thing looks like and airplane inside heated seats for me and my wife. heated mirrors navigation center

improve the gera caps in the tranny and lower the price so all can be safe in this car

Car did not meet hype!!!
By toobad1

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with 26k miles on it at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer, I purchased the extended warranty which covered the car bumper to bumper for an additional 75k miles and 5 yrs.
Thank God for the warranty because the trans had to be replaced at 46k the master cylinder at 28k the radio at 30k the exhaust hanger at 34k and the paint on the car was bubbling up in about 3 different areas!!!
The CVT trans is crap do not purchase any Ford product with a CVT tranmission!!!
Terrible mpg as well!!!!

Back up assist, heated and powered seats, moon roof...

Crap paint, deplorable mpg and overall poor quality.

Great Car
By BobRobert

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had back trouble and was looking for a good mileage car that I could get into. I'm6,1 and 260 lbs so I needed a lot of room. At first I didn't like it as I thought I was leg cramped! I then realized I could move my brake anf gas pedal up and down. That took care of my leg problem. I average between 23-25 miles in the city and about 27-29.6 on the highway!

Sits up high

Can't think of any

Transmission out in just 2 years!
By Cindy

2007 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission went out on my 2007 Montego! The car is serviced every 3000 miles and babied! I was totally shocked by this unexpected issue!

Better transmission!