2007 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
excellant family car ,sporty ,confort,proud to own
By katcarving on 09/02/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in 08 2006 ,125. mile tranny started slipping bought a used one to replace , , not expecting cars to last forever but this is a really nice car over all, when we had guest in it they said wow attorney doctor car , had all the options plus extra components handles well on gravel roads with out the abs, car almost drives it self it does get 2 to 25 mile on open road

Car did not meet hype!!!
By toobad1 on 09/02/11 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with 26k miles on it at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer, I purchased the extended warranty which covered the car bumper to bumper for an additional 75k miles and 5 yrs. Thank God for the warranty because the trans had to be replaced at 46k the master cylinder at 28k the radio at 30k the exhaust hanger at 34k and the paint on the car was bubbling up in about 3 different areas!!! The CVT trans is crap do not purchase any Ford product with a CVT tranmission!!! Terrible mpg as well!!!!

Great Car
By BobRobert on 08/21/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had back trouble and was looking for a good mileage car that I could get into. I'm6,1 and 260 lbs so I needed a lot of room. At first I didn't like it as I thought I was leg cramped! I then realized I could move my brake anf gas pedal up and down. That took care of my leg problem. I average between 23-25 miles in the city and about 27-29.6 on the highway!

Transmission out in just 2 years!
By Cindy on 08/10/09 15:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission went out on my 2007 Montego! The car is serviced every 3000 miles and babied! I was totally shocked by this unexpected issue!

2007 Mercury Montego Premier
By Tim Lange on 08/01/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it with 14,000 already on the car. Chose it over Buick Le Sabre/Lucerne and similar Oldsmobile. It has higher seats was easier to get in and out of. Gas mileage seems poor, I never push it hard and never exceed speed limits, but on a trip of 60mph all day I get at best 24mpg. Most driving is in town, so mileage is usually 19mpg. Ride is excellent, visibility is good, I'm very happy I bought it.

Happy
By Satisfied on 06/10/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car was my first choice in 2005, and when I was finally was able to upgrade in 2006, I choose the Montego. Although I am leasing this one, I am not sure if I would purchase the "Sable". I don't care for the renaming of the car. Don't know why it had to be changed. "Montego" has a swinging sound and sounds classy and elegant. I find that the features that came standard are great. The price was also great at under 30,000.

Comfort without much power....
By max on 05/26/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just Bought used with 30k on it. Love the leather and look. However the engine is bit gutless...I am going to add KN filter to see if that helps. Otherwise can was a steal and look and drive great.

2007 Montego
By Pat on 10/17/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just recently bought a slightly used 2007 Montego with 17K miles. It was a returned lease back that was in near perfect condition. I wanted a good quality larger American car that got good gas mileage. I'm not your average Mercury buyer as I'm 30 years old. So far I am really happy with the purchase. This car got such negative press since it first launched and I can't understand why? The engine is plenty adequate for every day driving. At 80mph I'm only hitting 2,100 RPM's. This engine is really reliable as I had it in my Taurus and put 155,000+ miles on it with no major engine problems. Averaging 26MPG overall and usually 29MPG highway.

Love My Montego
By Ndtish on 10/12/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car with only 18,000 miles! I just love having factory warranty. I get 29 city and 33 highway, and on one trip that was 4 hours, I got 36 MPG. I even checked it at the pump against what the computer said, and they were both dead on! I live in the great white north, so on the cold mornings, the heated seats are a plus, and I have lots of heat. My last vehicle was a 99 Taurus, and I had to get the heater core flushed every year in order to have heat. My daughter has the same problem with her Taurus of the same year. The moonroof is awsome. I use the vent feature the most and it is open even on the cold mornings on my drive to work. This is an amazing car!

So many problems
By Big daddy on 08/07/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car. Bought it as a family car. The warranty expired, the car began having electrical problems with its climate controls and the heating seat. Heating seat will no longer work. Climate control will keep switching from leg, to window, to etc, all by itself. I still love the car. Driving stability on the road is awesome, the car corners very well without wobbling like others. It's also very quiet on the road. I can fit the stroller and groceries into the trunk with more than enough space left over.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.