2006 Mercury Montego Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Delighted to be driving a Montego again
By Bob Dar on 11/08/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Looks great, many compliments on style and appearance. Drives and handles great, short turning radius, positive steering. 'Sit tall' front seats with excellent visibility. Extra roomy back seat and trunk (two couples or family with luggage should be able to travel together. Neat hooks in trunk to hold grocery bags upright. Side doors close quietly. Audio seat belt reminder.

My Car
By Don on 10/30/05 18:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Excellent car. A lot of car for the money. Performs well, quiet and handle well. Kind of wild design. AWD is an excellent feature if you live in a cold climate.

Great Car for the money
By Young40 on 10/18/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I looked around a lot. Was looking at the 300C. Not worth the $12,000 extra for the hemi. This has been a fun car to drive. It's really well put together and handles great.

2005 Mercury Montego premier 2 whl drive
By Les Cringan on 10/14/05 23:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Most problem is the reading the speedometer in the daylight, I believe they should have reversed the contrasts. Night is ok. The steering adjustment is awkward compared to the Lincon Town Car I had. It was a pleasure to drive.. The Montedgo rides fairly well and is comfortable. The side mirrors are difficult for my to see out of as they are very large and she is smaller than I even with the seat adjust, it does not help her. If they would correct the intrument lighting in day time I would be satisfied

A Very fine automobile
By Anderson on 09/07/05 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The rear-warnng beeper saved a child's life. I was parked, nothing apparently behind. Shifted into reverse and got warning signal. Parents had allowed small child to walk ahead, and behind my Montego. I stopped, shifted to neutral, got out of car, and saw 2 to 3 yr old behind car. After telling parents of their stupidity, I thanked God that I had purchased this car.

new car
By Dina on 07/31/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

this is our first full size car in 17 years. we had three minivans in the interim. nice driving car. sure holds a lot in the trunk.

Montego vs Ford 500
By cincinnati on 07/31/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

we found the interior more attractive and of better quality than the Ford 500, Somewhat sporty drive with "firm" suspension. Mercury Salesmen are better informed about the car & had better choices. In the past, we have found the Mercury service departments to be very good. Price was comparable to "500" and good in this period of "employee type" discounts. better trunk space & controls than our "Avalon"

Best front wheel drive
By Gus on 07/22/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The montego is the best front wheel drive I have ever driven. It also has one of the best road visbilities, you have a very good front view of the road.The montego is just fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.