2006 Mercury Montego Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Carol's critique
By Carol York on 08/03/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Mileage not as good as expected Like the large windshield Would like to have a digital dash (totally) Seatbelt placement is good Very quiet ride

A fine automobile
By MANNY on 07/30/06 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Having owned 7 Mercurys in the past 18 years I am impressed by the constant quality and reliability of the marque. The 2006 Montego, although not an impressive looking style, is right up there with most vehicles in its class. The comfort is absolutely superb for both driver and passengers. The roominess is superior to most cars, even those costing thousands more. Tall seating is almost as good as most SUVs.

mercury montego
By jim on 06/10/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

nice car but the engine makes too much noise. it has toomuch road noise.

Just be aware of a problem
By swiftone on 05/26/06 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery of my Montego in October 2005. While my wife and I love the car the quality is not there. Since October the car has had struts replaced, ABS repaired other things that dealer cant find, Main issue is that the Main airbag warning light has come on 4 times and Ford is unable to fix. They have replaced the OCM module and yet the problem still exists. Now they will be replacing the sensor under the seat. Won't be keeping the car as we are not sure of the reliability of the vehicle.

satellite silver
By bob hassan on 05/21/06 06:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

i've only had this car for a week but my wife and i enjoy not only like driving it but we like looking at it as it has style and class. love the free leather seats.

Montego Luxury = Superb Value
By slbroug on 05/20/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Montego for our second home in Florida. This is the first American car for us in many years - we expect better than average in every aspect. The comfort and versatility of this car are tough to match anywhere near the <$22k that we paid. It delivers loads of space, very comfortable leather seats, a factory incentive, and 24 mpg average in mixed driving. We are happy and impressed.

We love our Montego
By LoveourMontego on 04/29/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Montego we own has such a spacious interior both front and back seats. We also like the fact that it is a little higher than most cars for head room and from the ground. The name of this car should be Comfort. The only negative we have found in the 2-3 months we have owned it is that when you accelerate it is a little noisy. That is saying a lot if that is the only negative we have found so far.

Great American Car
By jordan on 03/30/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

An exceptional vehicle. Ride, handling, interior room, CVT + AWD, fuel economy, build fit and finish have all exceeded my expectations. Wrap it up in a car that has the best safety rating of any American car, and you quickly understand that this is a wonderful vehicle that represents the best possible car/suv combo out there today, all for much less than my 06 RX330. It feels good to be able to buy American again. Bravo Mercury for a job well done!!!!

Worth Consideration
By DavidB on 03/25/06 14:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you're not hung up on luxury car brand names then the Montego is a great alternative care choice. Roomy, solid feeling ride, good looking (although not in the class of some of the luxury brands), great cabin layout, pretty good stereo system, acceptable accelaration. Lots of bang for the buck! I get a lot of looks when I'm driving this car. I got it in the Merlot color. I switched from a 2003 Acura TL to the Montego. I considered the Avalon, the Azera, the ES330 and the TL, but decided to instead pocket the extra $3,000 to $6,000 those cars would have cost. I just rolled past 1,000 miles and I haven't regretted my choice.

I Love This Car
By kathy on 03/20/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for family of 5. Lots of room, lots of comfort. Plenty of power. Lots of fun to drive. I love the high set front seats. They're great for short people. The leather interior is wonderful. With all the luxury features this car has, it is really a great value. And it looks great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.