Used 2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

Wonderful
By Stephanie

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a bigger car, really an SUV, but when I started looking I realized I couldn't afford it. So I saw the Montego and at first I was unsure but after I drove it and tested it to the max it's wonderful, great on gas, roomy, and of course with the leather it's perfect. It rides smooth and quite comfortable I must say. So if you are looking for a car the Montego is a great way to go.

Favorite car I've owned
By Dan

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from GM products to Ford products way back in the 80's when I had to work on different cars. I had a 2001 Sable and wanted a car with warranty for my wife. This car blows me away. The AC controls that allow balance side to side or front to rear, the auto seat setting that sets per which remote control is used, the backup sensors, the big mirrors make backing up a pleasure, the radio that adjust sound level to speed, the fold down back and front passenger seat that allows long packages, the message center that tells all about the car, the steering wheel controls for cruise and radio, plus the 5 star safety rating...plus buying it used, what a deal and I got 100K of warranty!

Favorite Features

Automatic seat setting that can be by switch or remote. My wife remote one sets for her, remote 2 for me.

Suggested Improvements

None, of course I'd prefer the 3.5 liter that the new Sable has...but this is my third Duratec and suits me fine. Any more horse power would be a luxury

69000 Miles of Joy
By Merc Fan

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a replacement for my reliable 2000 Mercury Sable LS with 225,000 and saw this car on the the net. The car had 6000 miles on it and was like new,from a Lincoln Mercury dealer, in Mertlot with a tan interior. The car other than the rear brakes replaced under the TSB there have no service other than maintenance. This car has been a joy to own and on long drives. This car is the best secret in the auto business with great features, great gas mileage 32-38 mpg expressway and 22-25 city drivung with an average of 27 mpg overall and great comfort. The car is in made in Chicago with great fit and finish.

Favorite Features

Seating, storage, style, reliablity, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Radio could have been better with nothing else needing improvement

For the money...can't complain
By JTBURNS

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great interior. Very roomy for a car this size, needs a more powerful engine, great paint quality. I got sideswiped, dented the quarter panel pretty substantiallly but never broke the paint, needs a longer warrenty to compete, alternator went at 41,000 -- $500 ouch! 27 MPG (that will work)

Favorite Features

Interior design, cabin space, mileage, nice sound system, back up warning signal is fantastic

Suggested Improvements

Gas cap, front end design not very attractive

Still too soon to know for sure
By vinnie

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I changed the tires immediately, they were a bad ride. The motor is a bit loud in 1st first gear. I said the car hesitates when going into 2nd gear, but the dealer shot me down. The rear brakes drag when left overnight, there is a TSB so the dealer put new rear brakes and turned the rear rotors. The car is good on longer trips.The exterior mirrors are good in day driving, but I seem to have my vision on the left blocked and a glare. My wife likes the high drive visibility. Needs some more power when leaving from a light. I had a Mercury before this one and it lasted me 18 years, why fool with success.