Used 2006 Mercury Montego Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

Missed opportunity
By richman6

2006 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first purchased this car I was initially impressed. It was very comfortable to drive with the seating and easy to get in and out of the car with lots of trunk space. Unfortunately, then the problems started to surface. The paint began to peel off the leading edge of my aluminum hood, the drivers side window goes down when you press the up button, the rear drums are rusting prematurely, and the module that controls my AWD shorted out my control panel! The dealer quoted me $1900 to replace the module and keep my AWD! My first and probably last experience with the Ford brand. BTW, my car has not even reached 100,000 miles.

Interior seating is very comfortable for long drives and trunk is very spacious. The interior styling with the black leather seats is also very nice.

I consider the overall quality poor given my car has not even reached 100,000 miles.

I like my 2006 Mercury Montego Premier
By oleander1

2006 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2006 Mercury Montego. I am a senior lady and was on my own as far as finding a car and doing my own research. I used this website often. I drove 8 cars. The Mercury was the first car I drove and after considering all the others, it is the car I bought. I am no expert, but I do know quality and recognize performance in cars. This car is a lovely car. Good looking, big comfy interior, a heavy weight which drives and feels good. Corners great. You could live in the trunk. On the downside, undersized engine and some peculiar gadget arrangements inside. But overall, a wonderful buy. If you find one with low miles, buy it.

Size of interior and trunk. Body and finish. Fine leather interior. Excellent tracking and turning. Super brakes. Sits up high. Great visability. Excellent head and tail lights. Nice audio system.

More horsepower. Less buttons/controls on dash. Radio antenna interfers with washing front window.

Maintenance free
By GREAT CAR

2006 Mercury Montego Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my montego for 5 years and have 145,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with this car. I hoping to keep it this car for 4 more years and give it to my daughter.

Dependable and easy drive

I want another one
By Denali89107

2006 Mercury Montego Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Despite the fact that the original dealer went belly-up last year, we still love our Montego. It's by far the most comfortable vehicle we've ever had - or will have. It has been totally problem free except for a recall to replace the rear disk brakes at no cost to us. We're really saddened to see the Mercury brand go away and would love to find another vehicle that has the tremendously comfortable seating of the Montego.

Exceptionally comfortable seating and great gas mileage.

None. Ford would be wise to bring the Montego back again.

Underrated
By KNOFAC

2006 Mercury Montego Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got this recently and I love it. I've always liked large "dad cars," and this car is a monster! Its design is subtle, and probably bland to most, but I love how elegant it looks. It's a deceptively powerful car that accelerates and handles like a dream. Could use a little more power, though. It's roomy, which is great for my lankier build. Tons of trunk/passenger space. It's mechanically sound and has a great factory sound system. The fuel economy is right around 20/28 for me, which is very good for a huge V6 vehicle. Overall, this car is a sleeper hit. It's comfortable and efficient, but won't appeal to fans of smaller vehicles that preach about fuel economy.

Style, comfortable interior, smooth handling, good fuel economy, quiet, heated seats

A bit lacking in power