2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
2005 Montego All Wheel Drive with CVT
By Call me Satisfied on 05/05/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is really a nice car. Moved from a Linclon LS to this. The engine is a little underpowered but this is a very comfortable car to ride in and it has tons of room and lots of leg room. The interior is well appointed. I already have two door dings which may be caused by the increased height of the vehicle, but overall, it is well designed, very comfortable and attractive.

Want a great car Get A Mercury Montego
By Tony on 04/12/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride and very quiet powerful V6 and opional AWD and very nice interior with very comfortable seating and very roomy and it has great crash test ratings

Audi-esque
By Montgomery on 04/05/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned many cars and SUV's. I wanted an all wheel drive sedan. The Mercury Montego reminds me very much of my 2001 Audi A6. The design is clean, not garrish like the Chrysler 300. The CVT is extrememly smooth. The car handles well and is HUGE inside. The gas mileage is better than any other full size sedan or SUV I have driven recently, and it performs on regular gas, not premium. The engine is a little coarse, but has adequate power.

New Montego
By Scott on 03/31/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All in all i would say this a very good vehicle.Slightly underpowered but not sluggish at all.

Montego
By Linwood Farmer on 03/29/05 08:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

drives well. very comfortable. looks very nice. taillights can be seen from far away, good safety feature

Comparison to Aviator
By Mr. Heckmann on 03/22/05 19:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Main reason to switch from the Aviator was to get a high performance car that would get me more miles per gallon. Montego does just that from 10 mph to 21 mph city and 27 mph. Just the way one drives gets that. I did not want to give up many extras but are satisified with what the features have. The seating is quite comofortable and like the way the recliner is at best. Even my gas station asks me where I've been so this definitely was a solid decision I made when selecting the car, also a Ford man. The smoothness with which the car performs is impressive to me. Firm and glides beautifully on the roads. Like the structure and more important the safety devices attached to the car.

Likin' it
By StewartFan on 03/16/05 06:28 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my Lincoln LS in for a roomier car and I got it! It's only 6" longer but has ever so much more room. I went for the Premier AWD because my Lincoln was soooo bad in snow. I got used to all the nice amenities though so I went for it in the Montego. I have not been disappointed and with the CVT transmission, I don't find any lack of power when I need it. So far, I think it's a great car for the money!

From Town Car to Montego
By JerryL on 03/11/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

On 1-17-05 traded a '03 TC for a new Montego. On 1-18 left on a 3 wk. roundabout trip to AZ. Returned with 6,500 miles on the clock. Cold, hot, desert, mountains, snow,and ice. Driving was a pleasure, AWD was great. My wife is 5' tall and she could see fine. Had no problems whatever with the vehicle. Ford has finally got it about right. The engine is strong but it does work getting up to speed. but with the CVT it is an adequate performer. Averaged 26.2 MPG on a new vehicle and we both have heavy feet. CVT is same unit as Audi uses, AWD is Volvo. More comfortable and enjoyable to drive than the TC. Handling is more positive and it dosent have the TC seat from hell.

Montego Test Drive
By R J Harris on 02/27/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for an AWD sedan, and drove the CVT Montego. The car is big, but I found the driver's seating position to be cramped. Power was adequate, but the engine was rough and noisy. The CVT was weird, but seemed to work OK. I could get used to it. The car is nothing special to look at and a bit unrefined. The price is right, however, and if it had been more comfortable, I might consider it. There are too many other choices out there.

Too much money for Too little power!
By Michael Schenker on 02/23/05 18:18 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a nice car but IT IS PAINFULLY underpowered. It's one thing if the Premier AWD model is under $25,000. It's another when it's close to or over $30,000 fully loaded. For that amount of coin, I should be getting a V-8 with close to 300 hp. Or at least a much more powerful V-6....maybe supercharged. Don't pay $28-30,000 for Premier AWD model. Realistically, it's worth the $24-26,000 range and supply will catchup with demand and resale value WILL plummet. The price won't go down on these but you will be able to get them cheaper with rebates in a few years.