2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Love My Montego
By LTCnTX on 07/08/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I think the 2005 Mercury Montego is the most comfortable car in it's size group I have ridden in. I drove cross country and remained comfortable the entire time. I'm very short and love the way the Montego seats sit up higher than in a normal sedan. I also like all of the safey features packed into this car. I would be happier with a little bit better gas mileage but I will trade that for the comfort.

Another better idea from Ford L/M
By j.o. on 07/02/05 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

What a fantastic car!! It is so comfortable and fun to drive. We had the spoiler, clear bra, window tint, Eclipse navagation system and locking gas cap added aftermarket. It is very sporty and has all the features that more expensive cars have. The CVT transmission is very smooth. We could have bought a more expensive car, but this car has it all for a great price. It handles very well on corners and excellent braking. We were going to get a Lincoln Zephyr in 2006, but the Montego has more room and AWD with almost Lincoln luxury. Ford kicks GM's butt with this and many other fine cars and trucks. Chrysler 300 is no match for this car either. Compare any sedan to top notch Montego.

Month Driving Experience-- Three Months
By John A. Whalen on 07/01/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Mercury Montego Premier Has been a pleasure to drive. I especially enjoy the excellent visibility and the pedal and seat selections available.

Walnut Quality
By WALNUT on 06/29/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Montego is everthing as advertised; exact mileage, comfort and solid feel. Plus, you feel safe because of all the safety features. * Only would have like a GPS mapping system navigation on board !

Mercury Revival
By Mercury Montego on 06/19/05 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has great handling and great ride quality. The build quality is also better than that of Japanese competitors. It just needs a better engine.

Enjoy driving the Montego
By Suzanne on 06/12/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just returned from a 500 mile trip to North Carolina, driving my new AWD Merc Montego. It is a joy to drive on the road and through the mountains. Very comfortable both in the front and back seat area. With 4 adults in the car, we felt uncrowded. The trunk is enormous and held all of our luggage with ease. All in all, it is a great car for travel.

They finally did it!
By Don on 05/23/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is unbelievable! I'm 36 years old and NEVER in my life would have thought I'd own a Mercury, but this car converted me. I was shopping for an upscale sedan that was good-looking, fun to drive, well-built and could carry people in comfort. I looked at everything from Audi's and BMW's to Toyota's and Honda's, but NONE of them compared to this car. The Montego has European ride and handling with Japanese build quality! Sure its not as exciting on the outside as some of the others, but it is very elegant looking and the interior far surpasses them in style, quality, and comfort. I've driven nothing but imports for 15 years and I have to say, this is the best car I've ever owned.

Our First Trip
By Gene Roza on 05/20/05 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our quick trip from central California to eastern Arizona put the Montego on its first real test and it passed with flying colors. Cruising at 77 mph we were getting 29.8 mpg; the entire trip through deserts, mountains and cities (over 1600 miles) averaged 25.4. The comfort was more than expected. We have the AWD which proved great during a snow storm in Pinetop/Lakeside. We shopped around before making a decision and we believe so far this was the right decision. Anyone looking for a luxury (?) car without paying into the range of $40-55K should try the Montego. Try the AWD with the CVT transmission......highly recomended!!!!!

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Margaret Fitzgerald on 05/17/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 9th car and I can say that it it truly the best I've ever owned. The amenities are great, it feels good and I look good in it. It is a joy to pull up in the gas station and someone asks about my car. All my cars have been Ford/Mercury, except for one drastic mistake I made when I was much younger. But since then been grown I stay in the Ford/Mercury line!

Totally Satisfied
By Dale K. Anderson on 05/15/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned about 20 Lincolns and Mercurys, have been generally satisfied with most, but disliked my 2004 Gr. Marq because the manufacturer cheapened the car by deleting standard equipment. By chance, a neighbor purchased a new Montego, allowed me to drive it and I decided THEN to buy. I settled upon the Montego Premier and believe that it is probably one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is solid,performing, comfortable, fuel- effficient car with safety features beyond any other car that I have owned.