2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Satisfied
By Montego on 08/28/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In past years we have driven Mercury Grand Marque's but more recent we drove a Ford Windstar(2002). It was large and intimidating for the wife so it was traded for the Montego. The Montego has more room than the GM, a little shorter also, and rides great. The gas mileage is "right on the money" what the advertised numbers are. The complaint of being "underpowered" is overstated. We are not buying this vehicle for the "drag-strip" but for comfortable and fairly economical family sedan which it is.

2005 Montego
By Ted on 08/27/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car has adequate power.Ride is very comfortable. Gas mileage is very good. Transmission shifts very smoothly. Adjustable pedals are a plus for short drivers. Air bags front,side and side curtain are great safety feature. Large rear view mirrors keep blind spots to a minimum. A fine car around town and on the road.

one of the best cars I have ever owned
By clifford morse on 08/20/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 2005 Mercury Montego has it all; style (inside and out), roomy interior, comfort, economy, safety, enormous trunk, handles well on the road, a pleasure to drive with its quiet ride and ease of handling, has power when needed. It is an all around GREAT car. I am proud to be an owner.

Mercuey Montego Engineering improvments
By William Parris on 08/11/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

One of the best handling automobiles I have ever driven. The way this transmission and revolutions of the engine work together is really great. This gives you the horse power you need and keeps the engine RPM turning where your most HP is generated. You never feel or hear any shifing inside the car.

Ford man all the way.
By Mike D. on 08/09/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

1st of all, I traded an 04 F150. great truck needed something that didn't drink the gas as fast. I love the car, style, comfort, sound system everything about it. I purchased the all wheel drive Premere edition with that CVT transmition. Took the car on a ride over route 2 in Ma. it handled the mountain rd with no problems. For those of you who are thinking of buying the Montego or the Ford 500, GO FOR IT. Mike D.

Great Car
By R. Long on 07/30/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The ride is very comfortable. My wife and I like the way the adjustable seating works. We both like the looks of the interior and exterior of the car. I like the view one gets while driving. We only have 3000 miles driven, but we are very pleased with the car so far.

New Montego
By Dave on 07/26/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

So far I have been very pleased with this car. I have read many reviews about the "under-sized" engine being the Achilles heel of the vehicle. This is not an accurate statement. I have had no problems accelerating into highway traffic and certainly no problems accelerating IN highway traffic. Unless you are Mario Andretti or you are going for a new quarter mile record, the engine power is appropriate. This is the most comfortable car I have ever ridden in. The high seating helps prevent your forward view from being totally obstructed by SUVs and small trucks. The car is also very well equipped even at the entry level.

my montego
By 2005 mercury montego on 07/19/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

So far it has been just what I wanted. I have three grandchildren and they fit in it just fine, car seats and all. I also work out of my car and the seat going down in the back makes life much easier for me.

Montego awd 2005 Premier
By William Parris on 07/10/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Inside noise level is very low. The driver seat adjustment has enough travel room to satisfy most any driver. Traction control is great in keeping the car level in any kind of quick turns. This new Transmission does a great job with no feel that the engine, transmission ratio is changing. I think this is the best automobile that Ford has come up with by using some of Volvo proven designs.

Love My Montego
By LTCnTX on 07/08/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I think the 2005 Mercury Montego is the most comfortable car in it's size group I have ridden in. I drove cross country and remained comfortable the entire time. I'm very short and love the way the Montego seats sit up higher than in a normal sedan. I also like all of the safey features packed into this car. I would be happier with a little bit better gas mileage but I will trade that for the comfort.