2005 Mercury Montego Consumer Reviews 11

2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
My opinion
By dougontheboat on 12/28/04 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I think this car is a truck in disguise because it rides like one it has no powerto get on the highway. the interior is truck like.also a very hard ride not sporty just hard. (truck)Being the owner of a grand marque this car is not even close and cost more to me.

Great, Quiet Ride & European Style
By Lewis on 12/19/04 11:41 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a low-end model for less than $24K; priced about the same as a Sable wagon, but much nicer. Even the popular priced model has many luxury appointments, a quiet, controlled ride and smooth transmission. I'm 6'4" tall and need lots of headroom and legroom. This car has it in abundance, plus a huge trunk. It won't seat six passengers like the Grand Marquis, but its design, styling, interior appointments and ride are much more up- to-date. If this new model proves to be reliable, then Mercury has a real winner.

second to lexus
By john trommer on 12/07/04 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

handles well. turn in small space. excellent driver viewing area. wonderful storage space. wife enjoys driving this car which is our runabout town car. our primary car is a lexus 400L. feels sturdy to drive. good pickup.

montego soars
By nikhil on 11/14/04 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Wow!! this car is amazing. it is built on a Volvo body , and has tenacious all-wheel drive. The interior is like a Benz. If they made this car any better Bmw would be out of the market.

mercury montiego
By lklkl;k;lk;l on 11/13/04 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

good buy and good quality fun to drive great dealer

Just like a little caddy
By privateograv on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 1995 caddy in for this stylish newcomer. Looks great, handles very well and the gas mileage is very acceptable on regular unleaded. The interior is very roomy as I am over six foot tall and need head and leg room. All the little extras that come on this premier model make it easy to like. Highly recommend taking a test ride to anyone taken by it good exterior design. By the way, lifelong GM owner who is very pleased with this Mercury!

Great Value
By Jim_R on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Mercury brand is back. Great value.

Premium Car, for real!
By CTSteve on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was somewhat worried when going to test drive this car, mostly about how it would accelerate. Turns out, it's completely fine, I put it to the test on the highway and was perfectly satisfied. Great Interior design, Exterior design is where these cars shine, they look great from all angles. Handling is much better then I thought, feels smaller than it is.

2005 MERCURY MONTEGO
By DIGGERJ on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I PURCHASED A 2005 MERCURY MONTEGO NOT A 2004. AUTO IS COMFORTABLE TO ENTER, HANDLES WELL AND IS PEPPY.

MONTEGO
By PAINTSKY/SUSAN on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

WOW! IT ONLY TOOK ME A FEW MINUTES TO KNOW THIS WAS THE CAR FOR ME. "MERLOT" IN COLOR I ADDED AN AFTER MARKET HIGH END KENWOOD EXCELON NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK! THEN I ADDED ROXX CHROME WHEELS AND TINTED THE WINDOWS. WHAT A CAR. THE DEALERSHIP COULDN'T KEEP OTHER PEOPLES HANDS OFF IT AFTER MAKE READY. THIS GOES HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE CHYSLER 300C MINUS THE HEMI AND AT A MORE AFFORDABLE PRICE. I WISHED IT HAD MORE POWER AS I AM A V8 FAN BUT ALL IN ALL IT HAS SOME GET UP AND GO THAT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY. FINALLY, MERCURY (VOLVO ENGINEERS?) DID A FANTASTIC JOB!