2005 Mercury Montego - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Montego....Great!
By Jim on 02/17/05 21:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Combination of AWD and CVT is a great package. Acceleration is smooth, strong, and swift. I have a 60 mile daily expressway commute - Montego is a great highway cruiser as well as an excellent stop-and-go city vehicle. Very comfortable. HUGE trunk. Extremely roomy interior with very classy styling. 18" spoked wheels, HID headlamps, LED tail lights, waterfall grille, and nicely placed chrome are all very attractive features that add luxurious and stylish touches to the car. The "Command Seating" is a GREAT design - the higher seating position gives a great view of the road. Smooth and enjoyable driving experience. Give this one a test drive. Enjoy!

Mercury Montego Premium
By John Wiktor on 02/15/05 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Montego rides comfortably and quiet with a well designed interior and large trunk capacity. Much quieter ride than my previous Lincoln LS. Good visibility with its higher seat confiduration with ample room in the back. Very pleased with the vehicle.

Mercury MontegoBest Car I've ever owned!
By ericjroberson on 02/11/05 19:21 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. Former owner of: 99' Contour SE Sport 00' Cougar v6 00' F-150 Lariat 5.4 liter v8 01' Taurus SEL 01' Cougar v6 02' Cougar v6 35th aniversary edition Currently own 05' Mercury Montego Premier 03' Mercury Mountaineer Premier Without a doubt, the best performance & handling (not to mention space) I've ever seen in a sedan. This one is for keeps folks! A real winner for the road ahead. 30 y/o male in Houston, TX

Quiet and comfortable ride
By Liney on 01/31/05 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased 1 mo ago. Ride very good, quiet With all the cold winter weather it is too soon to appraise gas mileage. In limited short trip city driving averge mpg so far about 16. Acceleration has been more than adequate. Went from van to Montego and am pleased with the driver's seat height and visibity - much better for me than most sedans (too low). Front passenger space seems a bit confining. Leg room in back is excellent.

My new Montego
By Diana McNeil on 01/27/05 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great new american product from Ford Motor. I have only owned Ford products for the past 20+ years. This is the very best I have ever driven. I cant imagine why anyone would ever buy an import now.

I call it my Montego Mercedes by Shawn
By Shawn on 01/27/05 07:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I normally don't buy new cars, but this one had every feature I wanted. I want to say something about a previous review. There are two electrical outlets in the front (not one). One is in the typical place and the other one is somewhat hidden in the front center console, apparently for charging a cell phone. This is my first Mercury and I couldn't be happier.

It's too soon to tell, but so far ....
By Leo Grachow on 01/16/05 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have been driving the Montego for almost 4 weeks, and it has yet to disappoint. Although most automotive rags dissed the engine as too small (should be an "8") I have found that with the CVT (transmission), the car flows nicely in highway traffic, and couldn't be smoother in the city. No problems there! The only problem I have encountered to date is the "rain spotting"; for some reason, the windows do not release water droplets well, and it is necessary to squeegee them after a rainfall, especially the rear window (which could probably use a wiper). Overall safety impression is positive due to volvo platform and higher stance (to counter SUVs, etc.). I give an A+ overall.

Great Car
By C Parmelee on 01/15/05 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Montego only a couple of months, however I find this to be one of the best vehicles that I have owned. The ride is comfortable with plenty of storage inside and trunk area. The gas milege is terrific.

my new experience
By v murphy on 01/01/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I had several Mercury Grand Marquis sedans that were fully loaded, and wanted to try a change to this new model, and it really is new/different...

new montego v. old sable
By pod on 12/31/04 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Montego Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Visually a successful modernization of the Sable. Solid feeling chassis. Larger wheels. Excellent, though conservative, body lines and exterior materials. The interior is improved over the Sable giving a superb seating position. The few new electronic readouts are helpful. The seats are disappointing in that there is inadequate lateral bolstering, although this car isn't going to generate much g-force on turns so it may be academic. I wanted to remain loyal to mercury's value oriented products but the engine/transmission combination and the added weight make this a sluggish, underpowered car. I prefer my Sable in that regard. Overall an impressive redo but fatally underpowered.