2010 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
nice car
By zogu on 02/23/10 13:04 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Dependable, comfortable, plenty of room. My advice: You absolutely must get the BLIS blind spot detector and the rear camera. The rear camera is a good idea on any car, but especially this one which has a high back end. Mercury Milan vs Ford Fusion: I looked at them both...the Ford's styling and options seemed more aimed at males under 35..the Mercury towards females over 35. Me - male over 35 - I prefer safety and comfort over sportiness and nice sound systems. Also the Lincoln-Mercury salesman was older and less aggressive than the Ford guy - they seem to be accustomed to dealing with a different demographic.

Replacement?
By flyer on 02/18/10 12:53 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded from 2000 Sable after a great 160,000+ miles. Dealer said this was the replacement for the Sable. Needed car with dual power seats due to wife's back condition. Had to get SYNC to get power seats. Car appears to be designed around "entertainment system." There are 3 different ways to adjust the volume of the system but it is impossible to operate any of the dash controls with winter gloves on. And forget completely about the steering wheel controls, they are way to small to use. However they are really easy to press accidentally while turning the wheel. The seats are narrow and the headrests protrude such that I will have to cut them off and move them back with spacers. Not worth $28K

Love my Milan
By Betsy on 02/11/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I looked everywhere for a cash for clunker deal...tried every car on the market & was very disappointed until I pulled onto the Lincoln/Mercury lot. One look at my Milan & I was hooked. The Sync entertainment system is the best on the market. One complaint: The headrests on the front seats were so bad, I almost couldn't buy the car. Headaches and back pain from the unnatural, extremely awkward head position...picture head jutting forward, with the back curled clam shell-like...not a good look on me. After taking the car to the upholsterers to see if he could stuff the seats, he fixed the problem by bending the head rests up & "Millie Pearl" & I drove home a happy duo!

Milan MPG 22 Combined. Real Good Car1
By Jim Famula on 02/06/10 16:08 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Milan 4 Cylinder MPG is outstanding! Solid feel is way above expectations. This car feels much more expensive.

My Third Milan
By meinschaft on 01/29/10 12:55 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Milan, having previously leased a 2006 and 2008 version. It put 100,000 absolutely trouble-free miles on the first two. The only service they needed were regular oil changes and tire rotations. My 2010 is FWD (NOT AWD) and benefits from the extra 20 HP and the selectable transmission. I was very happy with the previous models but the 2010 has numerous improvements and refinements - quite impressed that Ford is doing this instead of their former practice of making it cheaper (i.e., deleting content) every year. These are great cars - the Milan? Fusion - and I can recommend them w/o reservation.

Just a few weeks old but I love it.
By New Mercury Owner on 01/18/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've only had it 3 weeks and so far so good. Compared it to Malibu, Accord, Camary and it was the best. Modestly equipped (I-4, no moonroof, no sync ) I got it for under $20k with the incentives. Great handling and performance.

My New Birthday Present
By Curt on 01/05/10 08:36 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2010 Mercury Milan Primier V6 with front wheel drive and couldn't be happier! I selected tuxedo black with a camel interior, which I feel not only is a classic color combination, but also brightens the interior. The car is loaded with every option except navigation, which I declined, having just received a GPS for Christmas. I traded a 1996 Mustang GT, desiring a more refined ride, while at the same time, not wanting to give up performance and handling. While I realize comparing a Mustang to a Milan may be like apples to oranges, the former being rear drive and the latter front, the Milan's handling does NOT disappoint! In addition, the Milan's ride is so serene!

Great Car for the Price
By John on 01/01/10 16:06 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've always been a Chevy man, but after they took bailouts from us, I decided to go with the only American manufacturer that didn't take our money. So, looking for a car I decided to try the Merc Milan. I still compared it to the Chevy Malibu, but the Milan was nicer. Plus, the Mercury dealerships are so much more professional than most others. They actually let me take a Milan out and try it for part of a day. I thought it was a great car for the money; it now in my garage.Especially surprising is the city gas mileage. So far, in town only, I'm getting over 24 mpg.

Milan in Jersey City, New Jersey
By David on 12/24/09 10:01 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the V6 Premier Sedan and it is amazing! I couldn't be more happier. Prior to this, I had the 2006 Milan and was very happy with that. What a reliable car! I live (Jersey City) and work (Hoboken) in the NYC metro and am on the road for most my time. I know traffic! And this is the car to be in when you are in bumper to bumper traffic! The sound system is amazing and the seats are so comfortable! This car will definitely win some awards. It just snowed a foot here and the Milan was amazing in the snow (AWD)!

Buying American Again
By Robert on 12/24/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned 2 Honda Accords in the last decade. Both were very reliable. Test drove Sonata, Fusion and Milan. All were nice quiet ride. The Fusion and Milan had the better combination of ride and comfort. I opted for the Milan because it had the best combination of options that I was looking for. The 2.5 liter engine matched with the 6 speed automatic works well. I have put on over 1000 miles in the first week. Mileage was acceptable at 29.6 mpg. Interstate driving at 65-80 mph with AC on for a majority of the trip. Because of time constraints I was unable to get Sync functional, but am looking forward to it. Overall a very nice car. Hope initial quality continues.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercury Milan in VA is:

$132 per month*