2009 Mercury Milan Consumer Review: Way to go Ford!

2009 Mercury Milan - Consumer Review

Premier Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Way to go Ford!
By Travis on

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a used Camry or a new Hyundai when I got tired of the snobby Toyota dealer and the fake, high-pressure Hyundai dealer. I stopped by the Ford dealer and they were awesome; they listened to my needs (a reliable commuter car with good gas mileage and room for 2 teens in the back) and got me into my Milan. It now has 32k miles on it and has been absolutely reliable and still feels like a new car. No rattles or squeaks and not unplanned trips to the dealer. Gas mileage is amazing for this class of car; I get 40 mpg on my way to Phoenix in the morning. The styling is attractive and fresh without being too flashy and it feels like a much more expensive car.

Reliability. I plan on keeping this car until 200k miles and so far it has been great. Styling is also nice and the interior is well thought out and comfy on road trips.

The 2.3 liter, 160 hp 4 cyl is a bit noisy at idle, but about average for similar motors. Power is adequate, but with 4 people in it, going up grades has the motor buzzing. The new 2010 4-cylinder models have more power, but I could always add a new intake and exhaust to beef mine up.