2009 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Great basic sedan
By Cristo on 12/28/08 06:36 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I turned in the lease of my 06 Lincoln Zephyr and purchased an 09 Milan Base model with auto transmission. A very good basic sedan and the 4 cyl gets great mileage. After driving a fully loaded Lincoln for 3 years it's hard to go to a base model, however, I don't do the driving I used to. The car is fine for what I need, however, the headrests are very uncomfortable! Why they changed them I'll never know! I had no problem with the ones on my Lincoln. Hopefully, I can switch them out! I've had the car for 2 weeks and I still haven't put gas in it! Great basic no frills transportation.

Excellent Car
By cotto1973 on 11/18/08 20:13 PM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit that doubted the commercials claiming that the Milan/Fusion was preferred over the Camry and Accord. Driving is believing. You have to drive one to believe that this car is on par with the Camry and Accord. The Milan is an impressive car. The handling is excellent. Before the snow, I put it through some aggressive winding roads. It hugs the road gives you confidence. We received our first snows of the season here and have had no trouble on the roads. The acceleration is is good. We have about 1000 miles on the car. We average 23-24 MPG in the city. Driving more agressive, the mileage drops to about 21-22 MPG. We haven't driven any highway miles yet.

Good choice for us
By Bill on 11/16/08 08:27 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 4000 miles, we are happy with the car. It has all wheel drive, which we need in our area, room for real people in the back seat, which we need, good comfort overall, a smooth ride, plenty of power, and all for a reasonable price.

2009 Voga Milan
By Ed. Oesterle on 11/06/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Lincolns and Mercurys for years. I was introduced to the Milan, and shown a Voga style dressed up Milan. I feel in love with just the white leather seats and all the beautiful stainless trim. This style has all the other so called best sellers put to shame. The car is black with the white leather. A head turner. The Milan is a true performer, highway driving is wonderful, the interior outstanding and comfortable and the V6 engine has a lot of get up and go. This car has already shown 24 and 25 miles per gallon and is not even broke in yet, we are a retired couple and we feel young and classy when we drive it. I'm also blown away with the sound system, sync and satellite radio. Overall the car is superior and outstanding in all aspects.

L/M is back with a high quality car
By Larry on 10/01/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my Milan Premier (V-6 FWD) about two weeks ago and can’t say enough positive things about it. The ride is very controlled and smooth with just the right amount of steering wheel tension. Turning into a parking space is controlled, easy and tight. I got 24.6 MPG on my first tank of about 65% highway travel. Both interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. The SYNC voice command system is exceptional. All vehicles should have it to make hands free cell calling mandatory. It’s just safer for everyone with your eyes on the road.

Great Value-Great Car
By TT on 08/05/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a few weeks ago. I had been shopping Honda, Hyundai, Ford, etc. This car is great looking and they did a nice job with the interior- love the contrast stitching-leather very rich looking and feels great. Sync takes some time to learn but is great once you learn how to use it. The steering is also great-heavy and accurate. This drives and looks like a much more expensive car. Sticker was 26,620 and I paid 22,900. What a value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercury Milan in VA is:

$126 per month*