2009 Mercury Milan Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
great car
By fordman62702 on 03/29/13 12:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Milan for almost a year now and it's been a great car. Put 11,000 miles on it with not a single issue. Like the looks of the car better than it's Fusion cousin. Mine has the two-tone leather interior, love it. Cleans right up. Has plenty of power for a 4 banger. Sound system is awesome. Controls are easy to use. I just can't say anything bad about it. Just buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Liked the car
By ep1 on 06/22/11 09:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The design of the car is what sold me as well as the reliablilty of previous model years As well as the excelant crash test scores.

Love my car
By Joe on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After my initial test drive, I immediately knew this was the car for me. I fell in love with how effortless the car was to drive and become comfortable with. I love the way the car feels when you're driving it, although after moving up from a sport coupe (Eclipse GT) it is lacking a little punch. This being my first vehicle in ten years with an automatic transmission it took some getting used to, but with that in addition to the Microsoft Sync it makes driving so much safer. Plus, I find myself looking outside at the car throughout the day admiring its styling...

Bye, Bye 300!!! Hello Milan!!!
By Nancy82 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I traded in my '08 Chrysler 300 and wanted something "different". My friends always refer to my car as the old, businessman car; as I'm in my 20's and they only see old, businessmen driving it. Lol. I love it and that is all that matters. Driving is still pretty smooth after a year and don't really have any complaints.

Nice Ride!
By Bhagen05 on 07/30/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Mercury Milan for about a year and a half now. I really enjoy how the car handles and the performance. Haven't had anything replaced that was major. Only a few electronic things got replace, a roof molding and the driver leather seat started to crack. All and all the car is a great buy. I still get people who say that it is a nice looking car. especially with the metallic flakes in the paint!

Way to go Ford!
By Travis on 05/23/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a used Camry or a new Hyundai when I got tired of the snobby Toyota dealer and the fake, high-pressure Hyundai dealer. I stopped by the Ford dealer and they were awesome; they listened to my needs (a reliable commuter car with good gas mileage and room for 2 teens in the back) and got me into my Milan. It now has 32k miles on it and has been absolutely reliable and still feels like a new car. No rattles or squeaks and not unplanned trips to the dealer. Gas mileage is amazing for this class of car; I get 40 mpg on my way to Phoenix in the morning. The styling is attractive and fresh without being too flashy and it feels like a much more expensive car.

Nice Trade in
By Simon on 04/14/10 05:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We had a Ford Freestyle, I always complained to my wife that she was spending to much in gas. We drove from Dallas TX to New Orleans, last summer with one tank of gas. 490 miles. I had to stop to fill in cause my wife was afraid we ran out of gas otherwise it would reached around 520. It's my wife car, but I love driving it, we average around 26 city and 32 HWY. However since we bought this car my 05 Mercedes is mostly in the Garage, we both like this car. Hopefully FORD will continue building great cars.

1 Year of Ownership Update
By cristo on 12/23/09 08:03 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a year now since I purchased my 09 Milan. I have logged only 4,500 miles to date, and (so far) no major issues. I will say that the transmission labors a bit to shift out of first gear when it is cold outside. But is fine once warmed up.It does get on my nerves a bit. My absolute MAJOR complaint is with the headrests in this car! Almost unbearable! I notice all of the Ford products have adapted to this design.I will not purchase another Ford product next year if they are not changed. Other than the two issues I have stated,the car is very good! Mileage is in the mid 20's per gallon. I rarely use it on long trips due to the uncomfortable headrests! It gives me a pain in the neck!

Best AWD sedan on the market
By MountainGoat on 11/13/09 11:51 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Surprise! The Milan's handling is completely competitive with foreign cars! And the AWD coped easily with our icy winter. Our last 3 cars were Outbacks, but the current version didn't have enough leg room, so we switched to the Milan, which has exactly the room we need. Love the comfort, handling, luxury features for the price. Gas mileage averaging 23-24 overall is disappointing, but the V6 power is fun. The driver's headrest hurt my back by forcing my head to tip forward. I had a local welder change the angle. My wife's headrest didn't bother her, because it's not in the way when the seat is reclined the way she normally has it.

Finally got mine!!
By rgtstylist on 09/05/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have admired the Milan since the 2006 model hit the streets. And when I decided to sell the 2 cars I had and just have one their was only one I would consider, the Milan Premier. It has everything that a more expensive car has but at a reasonable price. And at the time i had many to chose from. Driving this car is a dream and the looks are fantastic! I still just LOVE to look at it. The ride is so smooth and my fuel economy is better than posted here but I do almost all Highway driving. I did have a minor brake issue from the car sitting on the lot and not driven for an extended period of time but the warranty covered everything. It is my 36th car and my favorite of all!#2a1995camero

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercury Milan Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*