Used 2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Excellent car, exceptional value
By jinx1928

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I made the mistake of trading my 2010 Milan for a Jeep not long ago. I rectified that error by trading the Jeep back in for an '09 Milan Premier with the 3.0 V6 and six-speed trans. I don't understand some of these reviews, especially the "expert" ones, which complain about the '09 Milan's lack of power and poor fuel mileage. My Milan has outstanding power and mileage, generally around 33 mpg. Like my '10 Milan, it handles and rides like a champ, but it also has more amenities, like heated leather seats and a better sound system. I like the Milan, as well, for its distinctive styling. It is a good deal different from its sister, the Fusion, and over looks like nothing else on the road.

Favorite Features

Excellent Power at all speeds and situations Outstanding fuel mileage Very smooth transmission operation All controls well-placed and easy to use Overall, a very solid car

Suggested Improvements

A light in the glove box would be nice!

great car
By fordman62702

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Milan for almost a year now and it's been a great car. Put 11,000 miles on it with not a single issue. Like the looks of the car better than it's Fusion cousin. Mine has the two-tone leather interior, love it. Cleans right up. Has plenty of power for a 4 banger. Sound system is awesome. Controls are easy to use. I just can't say anything bad about it. Just buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Sound system, Styling, Heated seats and mirrors. Love the folding rear seats and flat folding passenger seat, car does pickup truck duties.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the Tire pressure monitoring told you which tire is low. Rear visibility stinks, should have came with a standard backup cam, luckily aftermarket ones are cheap.

Liked the car
By ep1

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The design of the car is what sold me as well as the reliablilty of previous model years As well as the excelant crash test scores.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, very roomy inside - sync sound ans sun package - and the price!

Suggested Improvements

The 4cyl engine and gas mileage was just plain awful - that engine on full throttle was way to load - very disappointed

Love my car
By Joe

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After my initial test drive, I immediately knew this was the car for me. I fell in love with how effortless the car was to drive and become comfortable with. I love the way the car feels when you're driving it, although after moving up from a sport coupe (Eclipse GT) it is lacking a little punch. This being my first vehicle in ten years with an automatic transmission it took some getting used to, but with that in addition to the Microsoft Sync it makes driving so much safer. Plus, I find myself looking outside at the car throughout the day admiring its styling...

Favorite Features

Color-changing ambient lighting is a fun/flashy feature, Sync, two-tone leather interior, nice styling, trunk space, MP3 player/digital audio input is a must-have these days

Suggested Improvements

like almost everyone else has said, the headrests can be annoying when the seat is nearly upright, though easily resolved by moving the seat closer to the pedals and reclining slightly. If it had a little bit more get-up this car would be perfect.

Bye, Bye 300!!! Hello Milan!!!
By Nancy82

2009 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I traded in my '08 Chrysler 300 and wanted something "different". My friends always refer to my car as the old, businessman car; as I'm in my 20's and they only see old, businessmen driving it. Lol. I love it and that is all that matters. Driving is still pretty smooth after a year and don't really have any complaints.

Favorite Features

Keypad on door, plays MP3's, Microsoft Sync (LOVE IT!!!), cup holders everywhere. I've had my car a little over a year and I have not had any problems. Also, great on the gas mileage. I love the reminders that tell me when I have low tire pressure and how many miles to 'E' I have.

Suggested Improvements

Well, when I accelerate, the speed doesn't seem to pick up quickly (I know I shouldn't be driving my car like that) and I have to turn the AC off to get a good take off. Also, the lights are not HiDef and it makes seeing the road at night a little tough.