2009 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
1 Year of Ownership Update
By cristo on 12/23/09 08:03 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a year now since I purchased my 09 Milan. I have logged only 4,500 miles to date, and (so far) no major issues. I will say that the transmission labors a bit to shift out of first gear when it is cold outside. But is fine once warmed up.It does get on my nerves a bit. My absolute MAJOR complaint is with the headrests in this car! Almost unbearable! I notice all of the Ford products have adapted to this design.I will not purchase another Ford product next year if they are not changed. Other than the two issues I have stated,the car is very good! Mileage is in the mid 20's per gallon. I rarely use it on long trips due to the uncomfortable headrests! It gives me a pain in the neck!

Love it!
By Skeeter on 04/22/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 09 Milan for 3 months. We have taken one long trip in it. The rest of the time has been spent driving within 50 miles of home. Right now I am getting 30.4 mpg with a cruising range of over 500 miles. With employee pricing and rebates, I was able to buy this awesome vehicle for less than $20,000. We live in the country so Sirrus radio is wonderful since we can't always pick up a good radio station.

Great basic sedan
By Cristo on 12/28/08 06:36 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I turned in the lease of my 06 Lincoln Zephyr and purchased an 09 Milan Base model with auto transmission. A very good basic sedan and the 4 cyl gets great mileage. After driving a fully loaded Lincoln for 3 years it's hard to go to a base model, however, I don't do the driving I used to. The car is fine for what I need, however, the headrests are very uncomfortable! Why they changed them I'll never know! I had no problem with the ones on my Lincoln. Hopefully, I can switch them out! I've had the car for 2 weeks and I still haven't put gas in it! Great basic no frills transportation.

Excellent Car
By cotto1973 on 11/18/08 20:13 PM (PST)

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit that doubted the commercials claiming that the Milan/Fusion was preferred over the Camry and Accord. Driving is believing. You have to drive one to believe that this car is on par with the Camry and Accord. The Milan is an impressive car. The handling is excellent. Before the snow, I put it through some aggressive winding roads. It hugs the road gives you confidence. We received our first snows of the season here and have had no trouble on the roads. The acceleration is is good. We have about 1000 miles on the car. We average 23-24 MPG in the city. Driving more agressive, the mileage drops to about 21-22 MPG. We haven't driven any highway miles yet.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercury Milan in VA is:

$126 per month*