Nothing but issues
By thomusssa on
2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
2008 Milan...must have been 1st run modle or something, everything that could go wrong has. I drive highway miles back and forth to work, consider myself close to average to slightly above avg on how hard I drive a car (and take care of it!). After approx 68k miles, transmission goes out. Took to Ford dealer, they want $6,700 for reman transmission. Unreal, had to go with used transmission due to cost. Have had 2 interior items fail, and need replaced. (console tab and short in power outlet) Now, engine rods knocking?! I see good reviews, but cant understand how so much can happen to 1 car. I've had a Toyota Corolla with 280k miles, and no major issues. Milan was a mistake for me!
Favorite Features
Looks, comfortable ride (when it runs!).
Suggested Improvements
Customer service. Called to complain about transmission and felt like I was wasting 'their' time... Don't warranty an auto part for 60k new, then reman warrantied till 100k...tells everyone there were manufacturing issues.
By cesareoc
on 03/24/14 16:15 PM (PDT)

Agree with this post, I loved my Milan until at arround 90K miles the transmission failed. It seems that the 4 cyl 2.3L fusions and milans comes with a 5 shift Mazda automatic transmission which is very bad news.