2008 Mercury Milan Consumer Review: Nothing but issues

2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Nothing but issues
By thomusssa on

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Milan...must have been 1st run modle or something, everything that could go wrong has. I drive highway miles back and forth to work, consider myself close to average to slightly above avg on how hard I drive a car (and take care of it!).
After approx 68k miles, transmission goes out. Took to Ford dealer, they want $6,700 for reman transmission. Unreal, had to go with used transmission due to cost.
Have had 2 interior items fail, and need replaced. (console tab and short in power outlet)
Now, engine rods knocking?! I see good reviews, but cant understand how so much can happen to 1 car.
I've had a Toyota Corolla with 280k miles, and no major issues. Milan was a mistake for me!

Looks, comfortable ride (when it runs!).

Customer service. Called to complain about transmission and felt like I was wasting 'their' time... Don't warranty an auto part for 60k new, then reman warrantied till 100k...tells everyone there were manufacturing issues.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By cesareoc
on 03/24/14 16:15 PM (PDT)

Agree with this post, I loved my Milan until at arround 90K miles the transmission failed. It seems that the 4 cyl 2.3L fusions and milans comes with a 5 shift Mazda automatic transmission which is very bad news.